cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Car Show

Fixes: 47

New Car Show

So the three stooges Clarkson, May and Hammond have signed up with Amazon.
Jeremy Clarkson 29 minutes ago
I'm very excited to announce that Hammond, May and I have signed a deal with .@AmazonVideo

James May 17 minutes ago
Good news! I've got a job with @AmazonVideoUK. Bad news! So have the other two.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: New Car Show

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Amazon? I have to actually put my account on there to use now? Aww.... Sad
Oh well, the trio are worth it... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

How much does it cost, do we pay per episode ?
Fixes: 104

possibly, though they'll use it to get prime memberships up
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I just knew he wouldn't stay on the dole long.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Well the conservatories hate people on the dole, so of course he had to get back into work or else he'd be sanctioned... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

We might even be prepared to pay £79 just to watch... I would rather not pay the bbc though!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Many people are unhappy about this though and i'm one of them.
Why should WE have to pay to watch THEM when WE already pay the BBC for it but THEY decided to screw it up for US?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro

unless you rearely/never shop on amazon the prime tv/video service is effectively a freebie bonus for the 1 day deliveries service you get from being a prime member, theres other bonuses you can get from prime membership as well but those are the main 2 things, well for me at least but then I probably place a few dozen orders a month on amazon, especially since they opened up the groceries side of things so the free delivery option is well worth the fee/
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Well according to Amazon there are 5 benefits of Prime; Next Day Delivery, Instant Video, Kindle Lending Library, Photos! and the new Music. I got Prime originally for the NDD and was peeved when the price went up, as I have no interest in watching streaming movies, my DVD / BlueRay collection most of which is still in the cellophane will testify. But as I still buy loads of stuff from there paying the membership is still worth it even if it's just for the free delivery. Well I say free, some of the items on offer are available without prime at a lower price but excluding delivery implying that in some cases you're paying delivery twice.
But having said that I'm still going to renew, more so now, so I can see these guys. But if, when the time comes, I'm asked to pay a premium like some of the movies then I'll cancel quicker than an MP doing a line of coke!
Edit : Removed party bias!
Fixes: 104

you mean a Labour Lord, right? Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I have a feeling that the new show will end up being syndicated on TV channels, as a trio, they're too popular to not have them on TV, so Amazon would get the episodes first, then they'd be on TV a few months later (probably on Dave), but we shall see... Smiley
As for the BBC, well they're presently milking the TG cow still, with repeats of recent series being shown on BBC2 & BBC3, pulling the show off air but keeping the older stuff on air, kind of two-faced if you ask me...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Quote from: twocvbloke
..., pulling the show off air but keeping the older stuff on air, kind of two-faced if you ask me...

Funny you should say that, I thought the same thing myself. To me this means that as a person the BBC have no objections to showing JC on the TV but have 'punished' his bad behaviour by taking away his 'toy box'.
Community Veteran

Glad they've got a job again - I hate to think my taxes were passing his dole money! Grin