cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix versus NowTV

nadger
Rising Star

Netflix versus NowTV

As content is a different subject I thought a new thread advisable so as not to wreck NowTV box thread.
I've signed up to NowTV six month offer at £2.50/month and also have had Netflix, at £5.99/month, for about 6 months.
As we haven't been to cinema this century the Sky offer is a way to catch up on some more recent movies.
It's a shame that NowTV doesn't run on android devices, like my Nexus7, so loses out to Netflix which runs on all my devices.
Obviously there's more recent film content on NowTV but Netflix has a mass of TV programmes so I'm nearly up to date with 24  Smiley
To my mind Netflix easily wins the content battle and I won't be paying Sky 2.5 times as much as Netflix when offer ends.
May well pay a few quid a month to move my router to US and get their Netflix content  Wink
7 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Netflix versus NowTV

I found this post amusing on NowTV community forum  Smiley
Re: How do I watch films on my android tablet
Options
‎02-08-2013 11:06
Hi there guys,
Thanks for your feedback.

Can we separate Sky with NOW TV as even though we are fantastically powered by Sky, we are two separate services which by NOW TV offers Sky content.
We do look at our big brother Sky for ideas but essentially NOW TV works in its own way as we're an online instant service looking to take Sky content into a different dynamic.
We do not have our hands on what is next to come out from NOW TV and we'll feedback this is the kind of info you guys would like but as soon as we do know, we'll put this information out on all of our platforms.

Thanks again and when we do get information on new devices they'll be update for you.

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I took up the 30 day free offer for NowTV when it launched on Roku the back end of last year, and was hugely disappointed by the library and the picture quality, and its far too expensive for what it offers.
Netflix's picture quality is far better, their library is better suited to us, and its sensibly priced, so its Netflix all the way.
CX
Grafter

Hulu + UnoDNS
nadger
Rising Star

Got UnoDNS running on laptop so can see US Netflix - now need to work out how to run it on Roku which is probably beyond my 78 year old brain.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

jslane
Grafter

I've had a look at Now TV, but would rather use Netflix due to cost and more movies I like.
nadger
Rising Star

NowTV isn't bad at £2.50/month but certainly isn't worth £15/month.
Very impressed with US Netflix content. Doing free UnoDns trial but looks worth $5 per month