Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix et al.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Netflix et al.

I have a Netflix account and I get programmes recommended in response to my 'viewing habits' but more often than not, they bear no relationship to what I have been watching. On checking my viewing history I find all sorts of stuff I'd only watch they paid me - such as those Vampire and Zombie movies.

Tried clearing the history, was advised all records will be gone in "twenty four hours" only to find that yes it has all gone - but only be replaced by another load of unknowns - and lot's of kids stuff as well for some reason along with those box sets. Talking of which, I have finally got around to watching 'House of Cards' and very good it is but does it appear on my viewing history?  You've guessed it, no.  

Some sort of manipulation going on, methinks.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Netflix et al.

According to press reports a lot of customers are leaving Netflix, not because of any price rises but the reduction of films that are available

Minivanman
Hero

Not something I'd pay for to be honest, I share the account with one of my daughters - who has a higher disposable income than me. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Minivanman wrote:

I share the account with one of my daughters

And at a guess, watches zombie movies and kids TV, perhaps? Funny

Minivanman
Hero

Well that's what I thought, but there are six separate enabled 'devices' each with their own viewing history. I can only assume there is some sort of crossover..... or not.