cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Launching in the UK This Week!

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Netflix Launching in the UK This Week!

I am really looking to the launch of Netflix. Finally, HD streaming over the internet for less than £10 a month!
9 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Netflix Launching in the UK This Week!

I saw it here but won't be subscribing especially as I'd also need to buy more bandwidth.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Netflix came onto a Wii channel for me to download, I presumed It was an error as I thought It was for the USA only, Never knew It was coming to our shores, Strange how Netflix Is on the Wii but not lovefilm Crazy
jyw104
Dabbler

Having tried Netflix on the PS3 last night with best quality settings, SNL looked brilliant. (plus it has all series of Arrested Development and 24!)
The only problem is that I may be forced to leave Plusnet on account of the 60GB monthly cap, something that I can see myself easily breezing past if it's true that for HD-quality streaming, up to 2.3GB per hour could be downloaded!  Shocked
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

The selection isn't the best at the moment but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was poor. It seems that there are more good TV shows than films at the moment, but maybe that's just me.
It's still incredible value at £5.99 a month and it is far better than LoveFilm's shameful streaming service.
DeeDeeDee
Dabbler

Has anyone put it on. Ive just put the free trial on through the Wii and its working fine. The only thing is i thought you could watch 2 things at once but it doesnt seem to work. When i put a film on the Wii then try and put something on the laptop its says upgrade silverlight. I installed the upgrade then tried again brings me to he same screen upgrade silverlight, upgrade and it says already installed. On doing a quick google search some sites are saying Netflix have stopped allowing more than one stream at once and others are saying up to 2. Anyone else tried it?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: nadger
I saw it here but won't be subscribing especially as I'd also need to buy more bandwidth.
Same here.
I will not be subscribing either even by paying more for a larger allowance speeds would still be too slow, I Could upgrade to Fibre but add the additional cost to the £5.99 a month and the total would at least double what I pay now.
DeeDeeDee
Dabbler

OK got the netbook out and it works fine so its something to do with the laptop. Ive installed silverlight and changed from opera to internet explorer. Google chrome wont install on the laptop either. Any ideas as the netbooks tiny.
Community Veteran

By the time you factor in the costs of upgrading your account to cope with the massive increase in useage (unless you watch after midnight) it is still cheaper often to go the DVD/BR by Post route, and get better picture quality.
Hope when Youview comes to market, having these items download to HDD overnight will be possible.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

Amazon is currently doing a lot of advertising for Lovefilm which it owns and is a competitor to Netflix.