Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help looking for TV Series

BenG
Grafter

Need help looking for TV Series

Hi,  Smiley
Can someone help me I am looking for a set DVDs of a computer TV Series it was broadcast on TV somewhere in the US from 1980 up to around 2000, and talks about the good old days of computers from PCs to Mac, the hardware and software that was around at that time.
It’s called the "The Computer Chronicles" I only found about it sometime back and really liked them after seeing a few episodes on YouTube.. So I was wondering if there was a site selling maybe box sets of the episodes or even the complete collection in DVD format.
I looked on amazon and nothing comes up in the search I know it may be hard to find since the series was filmed some years ago back.
Thanks
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

Re: Need help looking for TV Series

Have you tried google? Seems there is a Youtube site with lots of videos.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

On that subject of old tv shows and finding them...
What was the name of that show with the blonde fella wearing a superman type suit left by aliens... but he lost the instructions and couldn't use it properly? - Anyone remember that?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
BenG
Grafter

Quote from: Mustrum
Have you tried google? Seems there is a Youtube site with lots of videos.

Thanks that page looks usfull more than what I found before on you tube. I am still looking for a box set but cannot see anything in google.
Thanks for the site.
BenG
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
On that subject of old tv shows and finding them...
What was the name of that show with the blonde fella wearing a superman type suit left by aliens... but he lost the instructions and couldn't use it properly? - Anyone remember that?

No idea dude but sounds intresting to see. Ace old tv shows. I got the collection of Mr Bean on about 6 dvds for a present christmas day.
Community Veteran

Mr Bean eh? He's a legend!
I'm still hoping to get my hands kn knight rider myself... got the A-Team and Airwolf... but KR would really make my day. There was a kind of magic about 80s TV action shows... don't you think?
Fixes: 125

There was a kind of magic about 80s TV action shows... don't you think?

Yeah, they weren't full of CGI Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

BenG
Grafter

Mr Bean eh? He's a legend!
I'm still hoping to get my hands kn knight rider myself... got the A-Team and Airwolf... but KR would really make my day. There was a kind of magic about 80s TV action shows... don't you think?

Yes they were I like the 80s just something about that time. the music is quite catching even some of the pop stuff. the rock was the best. haha and the horror movies were ace. classic does anyone remmber Zombi Flash Eaters. they sure did know how to make movies back then. I often now find my self listing to the 80s radio. I found a shop a few months back not far from were I live. and he sells boxsets I got a few now. JAWS , The Fly, Freddy, George A. Romero dead collection. I am just waiting now to get my hands of Friday the 13th box set.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
There was a kind of magic about 80s TV action shows... don't you think?

Yeah, they weren't full of CGI Wink

Nothing wrong with CGI either. Some of the best SciFi ever has been done thanks to that. Stargate for instance... plus Stargate Atlantis and then Universe... The space effects in Universe are incredible - makes Atlantis's look a bit cartoonish!
I used to think Star Trek TNG was good... it looks rather amateur by todays standards now!
Fixes: 125

I understand what you are saying and concur with the fact that CGI can enhance the viewing experience but I was basing my reply on the fact that the 'magic' seems to have been lost for me.
Disagree about TNG. Recently watched all 7 series in full HD and they didn't look dated to me Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've been watching the remastered TNG in HD, the early seasons are pretty naff (poor lighting, the matte black paper stuck over panels to reduce reflections of the bad lighting, poor quality film, and the synthesiser music in many places), many of the flaws made worse by adjusting the footage to brighten it up to be similar to later seasons, but season 3 onwards improves a lot... Smiley
But the shots of the Enterprise-D model, they're more beautiful than ever... Smiley
CX
Grafter

Have you seen the set of episodes here:
https://archive.org/details/computerchronicles?and[]=collection%3Acomputerchronicles
Where else can you see "Cyber Dating" in Netscape Navigator?  Cheesy
I can't help with DVD, and chances are that any you'd find on eBay and the like are just these files burned as a DVD-Video by someone in their bedroom.
Community Veteran

What was the name of that show with the blonde fella wearing a superman type suit left by aliens...

I assume you mean "The Greatest American Hero".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081871/
I used to enjoy watching that show.
BenG
Grafter

Yes I used to watch that tv ace like good old times.
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
BenG
Grafter

Quote from: CX
Have you seen the set of episodes here:
https://archive.org/details/computerchronicles?and[]=collection%3Acomputerchronicles
Where else can you see "Cyber Dating" in Netscape Navigator?  Cheesy
I can't help with DVD, and chances are that any you'd find on eBay and the like are just these files burned as a DVD-Video by someone in their bedroom.

Thanks there is a ton in that site maybe I can burn some to a USB and play them on my TV. Thanks. wow thanks agian  Cool