cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Building Society Bank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide Building Society Bank

I bank with the Nationwide Bank and I am having problems with the internet bank.

I cannot see single outgoing payments in "View outgoing payments " I can see the payments in the next month but there is nothing showing  in " In the next 2 months "

I can see the payment for the end of July on the Nationwide banking app on my mobile phone but you cannot change a payment on the app it says to use internet banking.

I have contacted Nationwide and an unhelpful young lady said there was no problem and  I had to cancel the payee and enter them again something I have never had to do before.

This has happened since an upgrade where now you do not have to use the card reader to pay someone you have paid before

Does anyone else use Nationwide and has the same problem.

Brian A

11 REPLIES 11
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: Nationwide Building Society Bank

@Anonymous wrote:

I bank with the Nationwide Bank and I am having problems with the internet bank.

I cannot see single outgoing payments in "View outgoing payments " I can see the payments in the next month but there is nothing showing  in " In the next 2 months "

I can see the payment for the end of July on the Nationwide banking app on my mobile phone but you cannot change a payment on the app it says to use internet banking.

Does anyone else use Nationwide and has the same problem.

I've been seeing, or should I say not seeing, the same as you.  I haven't been able to see the 'payments for the next 2 months' for a while now, not sure how long but probably the last 2-3 weeks.  I don't log in that often so can't be more precise than that, and when I do login it's via my PC not my phone.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

I'm seeing the same thing.

Under in the next month payments are showing up to 5 July, but nothing beyond that under in the next 2 months or in the next year.

I've no experience of the app, and I can't remember when/if I've had occasion to change an existing payment.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks RobPN  &  198kHz 

So there is a problem with the outgoing payments

The problem is if someone checks their account and cannot see a forth coming payment they may enter it again like I did before I checked the mobile app.

I have been with Nationwide bank for well over ten years and now think its getting too big with people transferring from other banks  who are having problems eg TSB

Long waits for calls to be answered and new staff who are not very well trained.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

@Anonymous wrote:

Long waits for calls to be answered and new staff who are not very well trained.

Now where have I heard that before?  Wink

I've been with Nationwide since 1990, and have never had a problem in branch or online, so I hope the problems you've outlined are short term. Unless things really take a dive I'll stick with them - one of the primary reasons for joining was that they were one of the few mutual societies/banks offering full banking services.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I do miss the good old building societies, but there are few left, and Nationwide seems to be the only national one.  I have a savings account and ISA with a building society in another part of the country and the service is very good.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never had occasion to phone them..... I always use the "secure message" service, which can be found as a sub heading on the "overview" of accounts page..   usually get a messag back within 24 hours... except over the weekend of course.

MikeHicks

I live in a village very close to Glastonbury and a couple of years ago we were in the very unfortunate position that every high street bank had decided to abandon us.

Nationwide came along, saw the opportunity, engaged with the locals, and opened a branch in the old Lloyds Bank.

They are by far the best bank I have had the pleasure to bank with.

Never had any problems with the online banking.

I use it on a PC regularly and on an iPhone.

I'm happy with the way it works.

penfold
Community Veteran

I have been with nationwide for over 40yrs, and used internet banking since the 90s with them. I have to say I gave never had any issues with the internet banking service. I have never had to use the card reader to make single payments either, and I use this service every month for credit card payment etc... I hope this is a minor issue that is fixed soon, but I will check when I next do the monthly banking...

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

The on-line service should be the same all over the country, but when it comes to face-to-face transactions it depends a lot on the staff at the branch you visit.

One of the reason I've never opened an account with the Nationwide is that they require - or at least used to require - new customers to agree to sing over the value of their shares to a charity of their choice in the case of demutualisation.

RobPN
Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

I have contacted Nationwide and an unhelpful young lady said there was no problem and  I had to cancel the payee and enter them again something I have never had to do before.

@Anonymous

Now working as it always did used to for me (using PC), and no cancelling of payments or any other intervention on my part required.

So clearly the person you spoke to was wrong - it was broken and they've fixed it.  Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning RobPN,

I sent Nationwide a secure message as suggested by  and had a quick reply advising me that there was a problem  see below

I have not as yet received a message to advise its working again but as you say its now all OK.

I think it far better and easier to use the secure message than speaking to someone who does not understand/care what's wrong.

Brian A

Reply message from Nationwide

Good afternoon Mr A#########

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry you are unable to view your future dated payments on your Online Banking, we do currently have a fault with this and our Technology Team are investigating this to get this resolved as soon as possible, the fault reference is INC0#######

In the meantime, until the fault has been resolved, you can check your payments on the mobile app.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there's anything else you need, please feel free to reply to my message Mr A#########
Kind regards, Carol Customer Consultant Digital Service