cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Bird Watch Day (The Feathured Variety)

pierre_pierre
Grafter

National Bird Watch Day (The Feathured Variety)

This is for you to see what is around during one hour on either 24 or 25th Jan,  If you are not sure what it is the  RSPB have got a very comprehensive identification site,  photo's Sounds and some videos of all the British birds  http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdidentifier/index.asp
19 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: National Bird Watch Day (The Feathured Variety)

My God just look at them all Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Approx 350
techguy
Grafter

I prefer looking at the non feathered variety  Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

is that why  you want to Fly Virgin on the other Thread Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cool Roll eyes
techguy
Grafter

If the female cabin crew are as good looking as those on the current TV ad definitely.  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

noing your luck you will get a Steward
techguy
Grafter

Yes probably
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I did this last year....... sat in the garden for a whole hour, and almost fell asleep..... total number of birds visiting the garden  0  Cry 
This year I won`t wait that long, if none turn up after 15 minutes, I`m off to do something worthwhile !.  Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

not bad he got more of a sight than he bargined for.
ive got 2 sparrow harwks that come to my back garden almost daily and are a great sight to watch when chasing the chaffinch's about. all thoe they have know turned to amercian style dinning (all you can eat) and enjoy a nice fat wood pegion or collerd dove which iam quite happy about
as the cost of bird food these days is expensive.
best sight i have sein so far is a local cat dinning on a wood pegion only for the female sparrow hawk to dive on the cat to scare it and knick its pegion Grin females the dam smarties
and all this action in a backgarden 20 by 20 feet
shutter i also did this last year. as the old saying about waiting for buses goes. i had pretty much nothing for the first 45mins and then clocked up near 100 in 15 mins. will not be doing it again this year.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Ive got a video of a sparrow hawk takng a collard dove in my 30 by 30 ft back garden.
I like watching birds but I am not a twitcher, have been lucky to see a Phalarope. on a reservoir near Chelmsford, (once in about 20 years)
For those who dont know a Twitcher has a pager ang then disapears on a 400 mile trip to see a bird one the goes somewhere else
A birdwatcher enjoys the country side and stay there no matter if it is only sparrows doing what sparrows do
scootie
Grafter

yep twitchers are a funny bred.
my self just buy a sack of bird food from haiths.com last a few months.
nice to watch the local wildlife when pottering about the kitchen. just attacting a few common speciecs of birds to your garden can bring some rare sights with it. all thoe not rare i went to put the rubish out one day to get the shock of my life when a kestrle took off at great speed grasping somthing that was furry from the look of the mess on the floor.
and the mice that come to eat any fallen seed up at night have to watch there backs as the hoots at night are a give away that owls have increased in a neighbours back garden which has alot of mature trees in.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you want to take part in the watch here are all the details and forms http://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/index.asp
pierre_pierre
Grafter

we have a funny little field mouse - different to the house mouse, it has large round ears, it goes up to the bird food, selects a seed and runs off with it