cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NatWest scam mail

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

NatWest scam mail

Anybody else had the current scam mail purporting to come from National Westminster Bank telling you they have updated their login process and you won't be able to access your account unless you click the link below and send your password details etc.?
First clue: NatWest haven't referred to themselves as National Westminster for a long time.
Second clue: the mail is so blatantly a poor attempt to get your attention its almost laughable.
Third clue: Banks don't email this kind of information.
Please don't get caught out, if you know anybody who's of an age or state of mind to be susceptible to this kind of thing do let them know.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: NatWest scam mail

yup had loads of them, they all get trapped as spam though.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Nope but I just got this from another scammer:

Clearly not addressing me by my ebay username, sent to the wrong email address (I have many addresses in yahoo all linked to one inbox), I've never used bill me oh and the big print invoice button linked to www.lebriciolecollection.it ; Roll eyes
Hardly genuine looking eh?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
IanSn
Grafter

compearance?
is that a word?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

No idea but they used the word voluntary instead of voluntarily I just noticed  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 104

Compearance is a legal term and can mean appearance in court, so could be a correct usage here. Go spammers!
Will Moderate For Thanks
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Two websites give a host of information on these scams and the opportunity to forward fraudulant emails:
www.banksafeonline.org.uk
www.actionfraud.police.uk