cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nagging 2

Fixes: 123

Nagging 2

Am I alone in being peeved at the constant nagging from banking/credit card and other sites to 'update your information'?
Regular pop-ups or nagging boxes as you log in are now getting irritating - if I have changed any details (address/telephone/email, etc) I will let them know. These reminded can appear on some sites almost daily or weekly and some less frequently. Who actually changes major personal details so regularly?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Nagging 2

i only get those if i change my machine, every time i use a tablet or mobile instead of the desktop it gives me the popup's, if i ever use the laptop it gives them to me but i only get one a month on the pc ......
maybe its cookie related to the ip your on when you login
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 123

Quote from: nanotm
maybe its cookie related to the ip your on when you login

Not at home as it's static.
Currently at my mum's for the last week with a Sky connection which, I assume, is dynamic with reconnections most nights while the line is retraining.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

well it might just be a feature of your bank if you normally only have the one machine that you use for banking,
as I said its not something that I suffer unless I use different machines when not at home more than once a month (which coincides with how often I reboot my router),
I know for instance that TSB and Halifax implemented a reminder service as something as a large percentage of there clients require due to how often they either move of change there phone number(s), my bank monitors my sim card through an agreement I signed so if my sim card gets replaced they freeze my account until I confirm in person or via my landline that the issued sim card is in my possession.....
some of the anti fraud measures are annoying but also necessary to ensure my money stays mine Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you