Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NS&I; That's how to do phone support

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

NS&I; That's how to do phone support

So i've just phoned NS&I to request a password reset.
On phoning them I was greeted with an automated message telling me they were experiencing high call volumes and long wait times...of 5 MINUTES. The call was actually answered within 30 seconds got through to a nice guy who couldn't help as he didnt have the correct level of access, so diverted the call to someone that did, again the same message though this time barely got to the end of the message before the call was answered.
Total call time 3:31 and problem solved, admittedly it was 7:15 on a Sunday morning but even so credit where its due
I'd been putting off phoning them for over a week because I dread dealing with phone support in general...
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: NS&I; That's how to do phone support

I rang them to have my passwords reset for mine and SWMBO's pensioner's bonds. Similar experience with the helpline but the website is a disaster. They think they are making it secure but it seemed to be ten years out of date. Good job I had opted to get everything in hard copy as well or I think I would have been locked out permanently.  Roll eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: PeterLoftus
Similar experience with the helpline but the website is a disaster. They think they are making it secure but it seemed to be ten years out of date. Good job I had opted to get everything in hard copy as well or I think I would have been locked out permanently.   Roll eyes

The website is a bit of of a disaster, and the initial sign up process was fairly excruciating from what I recall.
Interesting security procedure they have to reset the password too, in that they run a credit check to determine your identity. Never had that before
Fixes: 125

Their website does seem a bit antiquated once you start to login. I seem to rember that registering involved waiting for passwords to come via snail mail.
I agree that their telephone support is superb.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: PeterLoftus
I rang them to have my passwords reset for mine and SWMBO's pensioner's bonds. Similar experience with the helpline but the website is a disaster. They think they are making it secure but it seemed to be ten years out of date. Good job I had opted to get everything in hard copy as well or I think I would have been locked out permanently.   Roll eyes
That is almost exactly the same as my experience.
The systems seem antiquated and cumbersome, and even didn't actually function as advertised.
When I did eventually do a password reset, receiving information by post, the process I followed was quite different to that I was told when I phoned in to initiate it.
The phoning in bit was ludicrously complex and I was very close to locking myself out permanently due to the arcane questions asked.  Crazy