Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOX Bottles

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

NOX Bottles

Yes I have to admit to being a bit naive as I had thought all those little metal bottles I kept seeing here and there was the result of a big sodastream revival due to the lockdown.

But I see it's NOX which is some sort of "high" I guess. A quick google search and up popped Wales, Wales online  but I have to say what I see there is nothing.

A few months back in a busy shopping area there was a mass fallout of these bottles which is when I finally twigged sodastream was not involved. At a rough guess I would say there were probably at least a couple of brim full big carrier bags full and probably a lot more tipped over the pavements. Some large areas you had to make room just to put your foot down.

After a few days it started to be cleaned up. It was getting damned dangerous especially when the bottles started spilling into the road and walk at night, forget it.

There was nothing the news about any lockdown police raid so who knows. Still if a few dozen people want to gas themselves quietly who am I to object. Just next time use the recycle bins.

10 REPLIES 10
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: NOX Bottles

@billnotben 

Never knew about these either, but they are used as a propellant apparently for stuff like whipped cream dispensers but like all things, kids find another use for what are mini nitrous oxide canisters. 

Nitrous oxide? Somebody is having a laugh or maybe something much worse but hey, not for sale to under 18s so that's OK then. 

Yeah right.🙄

PS. NOX for noxious I'm guessing.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
billnotben
Community Veteran

I still can't get over the sight of there being more cannisters than pavement.

Whipped cream? I did wonder what they were really for.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

@Minivanman wrote:

🙄

NOX... Nitrous Oxide...... aka  "Laughing Gas".... aka the stuff dentists used to use to knock you out when you were a kid to take your teeth out !.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

That's one helluva lot of NOx @billnotben . It's been illegal for public use since 2016, but that doesn't seem to mean much these days.  🙄

Just next time use the recycle bins.

Probably incapable of finding one.

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Mav
Fixes: 434

@Minivanman wrote:

Probably stands for obNOXious idiots on our streets!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

billnotben
Community Veteran

Another thing I can't work out is why. Why dump all that over what are busy pavements during the day? I mean it must have been heavy hard work, during the night I assume. Has to be some sort of in joke between users.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@shutter 

Which is why I said in my post somebody was having a laugh. 😀

Thomas A. Edison
billnotben
Community Veteran

Never had laughing gas at the dentist. Someone who had said it's not very pleasant, like being suffocated.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Now that comedy is becoming so politically correct that they can't make fun of anything, perhaps they need to hand out these in order to get a laugh out of the audience.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@billnotben 

Just the one time for me with gas at the dentist. 

I must have been about 12 or 13 and having an awkward tooth removed, but when being given gas I had a reaction akin to having a fit. Never again, and the memory of it all even down to the smell is still with me over sixty years later..

It was certainly a horrible experience.

Thomas A. Edison