Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIMBY`s dismissed by court

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

NIMBY`s dismissed by court

High Court dismisses HS2 protestors
http://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2014/08/07-high-court-dismisses-hs2-protestors.html
as the article says.... these people should stop wasting money on protests and court action..... they will never win against the government... neither did the Luddites...
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: NIMBY`s dismissed by court

Frankly I see HS2 as semi welcome news.
I like the idea because it means the government are supporting the railways.
I dislike it because they are only concentrating on city routes rather than rebuilding old lines that beeching axed.
Either way, growth in rail routes is a welcome step forward.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

In theory it's a good idea.
But in practice by the time it's finished hardly anyone will be able to afford a normal rail ticket never mind one on hs2.
WTF
Grafter

The HS2 protesters aren't NIMBYs: we have masses of them around here and the HS2 line doesn't come within 10 miles of here. 
I guess that makes them NISETMABY (Not-In-Someone-Else-Ten-Miles-Away's-Back-Yard).
Mind you, people around are extraordinarily conservative (and Conservative): their rule appears to be object first, think later.  Just before we moved in they'd spent years trying to prevent Tesco from building a store in the village - this despite the nearest reasonable sized supermarket being 10 miles away.  They lost and the Tesco was built and is usually packed. Having said that, my neighbour still refuses to go to there - she sends he husband instead.
Strangely enough, not a peep out of anyone when Waitrose decided to build a store a year or so later  Roll eyes
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

It will be Good for the UK .
the downside is as usual the GOV will have got the Cost wrong and you just know its going to over run by millions  Shocked
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: rongtw
you just know its going to over run by millions billions

Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

w23 
yup just like the UK GOV i cant add up  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

given that legal delays have so far added 1.2 billion to the original project costings I'd say your probably not wrong ........
I would in all honesty expect the project to run into triple its original estimate by the time its opened mostly due to multiple rounds of legal action and delays caused by protestors with a small amount being down to the under estimate in the cost of ever increasing fuel and material supplies
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you