cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS dealing with other things not covid

Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: NHS dealing with other things not covid

Just an update... last friday I had my Pet scan and yesterday received a phone call from the hospital to ell me that they had not found any other cancers in my body, so only cancer of the oesophagus. They have made me an appointment with the encologist for a week tomorrow and think the treatment will be one session of chemo then a course of radiotherapy but the encologist will decide.

Pro
Fixes: 2

Sounds promising, fingers crossed.🤞 

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 54

@TTman wrote:

Just an update... last friday I had my Pet scan and yesterday received a phone call from the hospital to ell me that they had not found any other cancers in my body, so only cancer of the oesophagus. They have made me an appointment with the encologist for a week tomorrow and think the treatment will be one session of chemo then a course of radiotherapy but the encologist will decide.

Glad to hear they haven't found any more nasties, @TTman . Hope things progress well for you.

John
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@TTman 

My best and most sincere wishes from myself to add to all the rest.

The NHS for all it faults few which are self inflicted is a credit to all that work there under extreme pressure. They were there for me a few short years back when I had a stroke and when push comes to shove they do the very best they can.

Crack on eh. 👍 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Pro
Fixes: 2

TTman

Great news thanks for keeping us informed 

Been there got the tee shirt do what the Oncologist. tells you I had to drink litres and litres of water every day when I was having the Chemotherapy ended up having two courses 

Hope everything goes to plan

HD

Hero
Fixes: 9

Good news indeed @TTman.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@TTman 

Good to hear they have been quick to arrange treatment and given you some positive news.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Nice one @TTman 

If that were me, that would be my new year present already.

Having dealt with someone close to me who had it, the words 'very unpleasant' don't even do it any kind of justice. I would use a much more sweary version of that which I'd better not go into here.

As my sister said, I am not celebrating the new year. I am celebrating this one (obviously the last one now) is over.

I hope it is good for yourself and everyone else who is reading this.