Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS Enquiry

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

NHS Enquiry

This is an issue that concerns us all,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21353892
In my own region 3 NHS Trusts have been identified as falling well below the national average. Apologies have been coming from both the government and those in top positions but no one has been sacked despite the failings which seem to have happened as a result of meeting financial targets rather than standards of patient care.
My own view is that many of these senior managers failed to spend time talking to patients and relatives to get feedback on the level of care. remember we are talking about managers (which we assume have appropriate qualifications and experience for the posts they hold) and who will in many cases be on salaries way above the minimum wage.
Of course there are many parts of the NHS that offer excellent care but I suspect much of this comes down to individual staff who are able to emphasize with patients and love the job they are doing along with being allowed to get on with their work but clearly radical change needs to take place and my own personal feelings are that those who failed in their jobs which resulted in the loss of life through neglect should be prevented from working in not just the health service but any sort of personal services where direct contact with patients is required.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: NHS Enquiry

Having done a google on Stafford Hospital Report... I got this ........
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-21339573
Which has this line about 90% down the article

The report, however, did not blame any one individual or organisation for the "disaster" at Stafford Hospital.

Some management changes have occured after 2008 ........
And because of that, and the lack of "blame" there will be nothing done to redress the patients demise at the hospital.

Community Veteran

How difficult would it be to track down all the nurses, doctors, and management from that period (Stafford Hospital) and see if they are still working.
Then stop them and make sure none of them ever work in any aspect of caring ever again.
That and name the whole sorry lot of them.
Community Veteran

If you had heard the discussion today you will have heard that the professional bodies representing the staff involved have been asked what action they intend taking with their members.
Community Veteran

At the very least the CEO of the hospital should be held to account!
Geoff,
York.