Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS Database

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: NHS Database

Quote from: Midnight
01) I do not have a problem with my doctor sharing relevant information with say the hospital, but I do wen it is been soled off to drug companys, plus soled off to insurance companies, plus soled off to research companies, and so on!

That's precisely what the EU measure is trying to regulate: drug companies (aka researchers) using the data.
Basically, for you this is a good news story.
02) From what I understand the database will be run by google London on google's servers in washington DC.

I'm pretty sure no decision has been made.  The national database project only collapsed a couple of months ago: I'd be surprised if they're already up and running with a 3rd party solution already: there hasn't been enough time for the tendering process let alone the post mortem and consequent blame storming.
From what I've seen, parts of the press have been running scare stories about these data being handed to Google, but while I wouldn't put that past the current govt, for the moment it's all just idle speculation.
04) The uk government wants all information on line, sow thay can save money by closing down government departments, plus make money of your data by selling it off.

The primary driver is to make data more easily shareable around the NHS - i.e. back to your first point about the hospital having access to your GP records
The revenue part is (in theory) a secondary benefit to offset some of the cost and also - to be fair - because access to anonymised data should help pharma companies and other researchers which in turn should help us with advances in medical therapies.
Highlighted
Grafter

a
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

"a"  ..... quality post by WTF  ! ! !    Grin Grin Grin
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
I like a good anti government conspiracy as much as the next bloke but there is enough and then there is OTT.

Now there's a great idea for a thread; your favourite conspiracy theory. I'll go for Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon bombing were 'in house' jobs
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

sandy hook, now theres a conspiracy too far, apparently according to the nutters the events depicted live on world news were all fake and it was really a hit gone wrong and all the kids were scooped into wit-pro to live their lives elsewhere sans family........
theres a few things I believe were known about in advance and allowed to "playout" but not that many that were conceived, orchestrated and conducted by state agencies for political reasons, of course there is little difference between allowing something to happen even though you know full well whats coming weeks in advance (the Coventry conundrum) and creating the event and carrying it out yourself.....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Grafter

Ooh you tease  Grin
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

lets just say i read something that said not to be in a particular place during a 2 week period in a year not to long ago during which time an "explosive event" took place i wont go itno any details but it was in the last decade.......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Back on topic, the database is currently being set up. Leaflets have been sent to all households outlining the plans. I received mine about 10 days ago.
Further information can be found at:
Caredata
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How to opt-out of care.data and Dr Neil Bhatia GP's opinion on it!
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
"a"   ..... quality post by WTF  ! ! !    Grin Grin Grin

Smiley
Hit Quote instead of Edit and didn't realise until too late - again!
Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to delete a post or even report it in order to have the mods remove it (if you hit report, you get a very sarcastic comment about how ridiculous it is that you should want to report your own post)
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

Yeah, that is annoying to get that message..... best thing to do is to send the Mod a PM and ask him to delete it ....  Wink
Highlighted
Grafter

Ah!  Didn't realise there was a PM function
Good call - I'll try that in future
Thanks
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

The other way is to report the preceding post with a request to remove yours