Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My password is.....

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

My password is.....

Rummaging around in my spam box for an expected email and found 6 emails come in this morning. Got yer, My password is muslim, blah blah... Some people must have some severe issues if that is all they can do. They seem to be stuck in the past too if they think a password is even used.

Demanding bitcoins as payment. Oh my! Selected such emails, reported, deleted....Zzzzz. why do they bother? Took 10 secs at best.

I read on one website that a huge section of spoofed websites / emails would be shown as such if all sites used 2 stage authentication. Bring it on.

Enjoy the sunshine

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My password is.....

Yep we all get our share of them. I've noticed now that they're starting to use images to bypass the spam filtering as well. But some poor soul will be frightened enough to pay them, so as they've stolen the addresss and accounts used to send them it's cost them nothing so they're quids in (or rather bitcoins in).

These people are the scum of the Earth, in fact to be honest that's quite unfair to scum.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

I've always been more than a bit cynical but the internet and all that goes with it has finally proved I was right all along! Wink

What little trust there was has gone right out of my Windows window and as for passwords, well they are the bane of my life,

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Anonymous Yes, naybe but I never ever see e.g. Netflix images as I don't use HTML. It's plain text all the way for me. Used it that way for years. Might make email look boring but what you see is the actual email / link addresses that it came from.
Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do the exact same myself with plain text and remote images disabled. HTML mail is such a waste of bandwidth, sure it can look nice but the underlying message is the same so pointless as I see it.