cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bargain of the week :D

StickyMick
Grafter

My bargain of the week :D

Not sure where this should go cos it could lead off topic to other things.
But I was having a mooch about the British Heart Foundation shop near me and spotted a Canon Pixma MP460 for the princely sum of £15.
On closer inspection everything was with it, USB cable, drivers disk and 3 sets of unopened cartridges. Browsing through the manual I found out it supported Bluetooth printing, Pictbridge (both ideal for my Nokia N95) and a card reader.
When I got it home I read that it requires a Bluetooth adapter. 'No problem' I thought 'I'll just have a look on the web. The one they recommend, the Canon bu-20, was gonna set me back over £40 at least Shocked So I thought I'd try my £5 bargain bin adapter. Works a treat Grin
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: My bargain of the week :D

Don't you just love it when you get a bargain like that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ah yes, but don`t you just hate the bloke in front of you, who got there first  Cheesy
StickyMick
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Ah yes, but don`t you just hate the bloke in front of you, who got there first   Cheesy

Funny you should say that. There was a guy glaring at me rather angrily when I was at the counter paying for it.
Wasn't you by any chance, was it?  Tongue
Community Veteran

If you look anything like your avatar... quite probably !! Tongue Tongue Tongue
Community Veteran

Steady on there Gerry  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Oh ! Sorry..... forget the  "rather angrily"  bit . . . . . . Roll eyes Cheesy Cheesy
StickyMick
Grafter

Grin I can assure you I look nothing like that Gerry Tongue
Although I do know a lady who does Wink
Community Veteran

Must have been her in front of me then !  Tongue Tongue Cool
StickyMick
Grafter

Not unless you've been to Nashville. TN Tongue
Tell you what tho, this damn printer is fast with the Bluetooth and Pictbridge printing.
Dunno If I should swap it out with the Epson that I've got connected to my PC now. Undecided
Community Veteran

Not unless you've been to Nashville.

There you go then..... I knew I was living in a dream world !!  Cool Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Did you see The Gadget show tonight?  repeated Sat if not, did a test of all in one colour printers, good test, HP, Epson and two Cannons, did blind colour print to see what the jury tought, then how many per Cartridge, and cost per print  HP 79p per A4, down to 55 on the Cannon MP630, they also rated that colour good
StickyMick
Grafter

Didn't see that Pierre. Shouldn't surprise me about Epson. I've always had troubles with Epson original carts. No sooner have they been in there a week than the damn things have dried out, and no amount of cleaning will give a good print. The best I've found so far are Morrisons own brand. £13 for a full set and they've been in there for over 3 months and I still get a decent print first time every time, even when the printer hasn't been used for over a week.
Community Veteran

That could be because Epson cartridges for any vaguely recent printers are pigment whereas Morrisons' replacements are probably just dye.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Great find but like the other folk have said it's highly annoying when someone beats you to it lol. I found a nice wireless AP at a bootsale once... I was in the queue patiently waiting (as you do) and some polish bloke pushed in grabbed it and asked how much. The seller said £5 and the polish chap just stood there dithering. I asked him if he wanted it and if not I would.... his face turned to pure evil at the thought and he bought it just to spite me grrrr. Moral of the story if you see something you want go get it...
Freecycle is good for stuff and it's all free too!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!