Grafter

Must we fight the BNP?

Why? Why ??
Should  this kind of thing happen in England
13 REPLIES
gswindale
Grafter

Re: Must we fight the BNP?

Oh just kick the BNP out of the country - how many of them are truly British based on their ancestry?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

That is in contradiction to their views expressed here http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/36689/bnp-legal-officer-quits-over-conscience
This article also suggests the party is "technically bankrupt", so 'giro' might not have to worry too much about "Must we fight the BNP?" !
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Well, Israel has been sending its storm-troopers against unarmed ships - the BNP probably think that Jews are attracted to fascism.
I'd like to think that not all Jews are supporters of Israel's actions?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

@A Fox is Evil
The BNP also support the "great English tradition" of Fox hunting !  Wink
Denzil
Grafter

Quote from: giro
Why? Why ??
Should  this kind of thing happen in England

That kind of bigotry deserves to be fought at every opportunity.
nadger
Rising Star

It's a fact of life that the BNP got 2 MEPs, in elections based on proportional representation, so must have supporters apart from the thugs one sees on TV.
I remember, in 1950, having a political argument, which I lost, with one of the 2 Communist MPs who had been elected in 1945. They both lost their seats in 1950 and, hopefully, the same will happen to the 2 BNP MEPs in the next European elections.
magnetism2772
Grafter

what can one expect from such a  group
when one is  keen to be seen showing  a  tattoo  of a flag on his face
and wearing a black  mustache that looks a bit like the word 'england '
Community Veteran

Quote from: A
I'd like to think that not all Jews are supporters of Israel's actions?

Well I know one who vociferously isn't and he's hardly alone, and I gather that some think even the creation of Israel was a mistake.
Gabe
Edit: link added
nadger
Rising Star

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Fascism flourishes in depressions - compare with the 1930's!
The BUF [British Union of Fascists] claimed 50,000 members at one point and the Daily Mail was an early supporter, running the headline "Hurrah for the Blackshirts!"

nadger
Rising Star

And the leader's son ended up running motor racing and allegedly having nazi sex parties  Roll eyes
sidewinder
Grafter

Don't be complacent with the BNP. Accusing them of racism and xenophobia and calling them names is not going to make them go away. They do highlight legitimate deficiencies in our various political and social regimes that fuel not only their hatred but the concerns of a lot of people who do not support BNP or UKIP. Fortunately they haven't yet got it together, still appearing to be a bunch of thugs. Whether you like it or not there are major problems with our social system that give these people an air of legitimacy. Ancestry has nothing to do with their way of thinking and is an absurd arguement to throw at them because they know that we are all a mix of tribes anyway. Their arguements are mostly based on what they see and hear almost every day so until we stop the idiotic political correctness of the type that allows foreigners in the streets of London to wave flags of terrorist organisations while preventing the Union flag from being displayed because "it may offend someone" there will always be resentment by the average bloke in the street. Deal with the immigration problem and the integration problem and you will see the BNP, UKIP and other facist creeps just fade away. Allowing foreigners to influence our laws and customs and traditions is giving the BNP exactly what they want and swelling their ranks.
        Sidewinder.
TicnTac
Grafter

not to sound political - but to sidewinder 'hear hear", - well said!  Smiley
Just to add though, my dear mother, very, very conservative, actually agreed with the vast majority of text in a BNP leaflet, they do highlight important issues, especially to the ederly and older folks like mine. When we stop getting the stories where local councils ask corner shops to take down christmas decorations and lights because they may offend muslim communities, (the owners of the corner shop were muslim!) The BNP really just tries to spread fear in vunerable areas, and I can really only think of a Yoda quote for this one “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”  Roll eyes - It's true though!  Smiley