cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must put my jeans in the wash today.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Must put my jeans in the wash today.

I'm just about to put the Persil onto a pair of jeans which have tomorrow's winning Euromillions ticket in the pocket.  Not suspicious at all is it?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
33 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Must put my jeans in the wash today.

I don't think it is. It's just a stupid error by the woman. She has to wait 180 days apparently before a decision can be made in her favour, or not.
Fixes: 125

I assume the 180 days is from the date of the draw which is the time limit for anyone else to make a claim?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I parked outside a local post office this afternoon.
A newish 4x4 pulled up alongside and the driver got out.
As he approached the post office he pulled a lottery ticket out of his back pocket.
I waited for him to come back out with a big grin on his face, throw his car keys at the people at nearby bus stop and leap off down the road.
He came out with a four pack of lager.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Mav
I assume the 180 days is from the date of the draw which is the time limit for anyone else to make a claim?

Without a winning ticket with the right barcodes & serial numbers, it's hard for anyone else to claim for a win that isn't legit, after all, the lottery people knew there were two UK winners, where the tickets were bought (time, date, location (and if location has CCTV over the lottery till, visual identification to add to the claim)), and they know the serial codes & won't release them to the public, the 180 day deadline is when the money gets divvied up and donated to charity...
So far, she's right place, right time, just lacks the computer database details due to forgetting to empty her pockets so the lottery people have to hum and harr over what's left of it...
Community Veteran

Anyone who believes they may have won the jackpot but has lost, thrown away or damaged their ticket has 30 days from the date of the draw to submit an application.
Camelot tells them to write in with details including the time, date and location of purchase, whether the numbers were chosen by the customer or were lucky dip, and if any other lines of numbers were purchased at the same time.
If the ticket is only moderately damaged, the information from the customer, combined with the ticket’s barcode, could be used to verify the claim. But for lost or thrown away tickets, or ones badly damaged such as Miss Hinte’s – where the barcode and the date of the draw has rubbed off – players must wait until the 180-day deadline for all claims to pass before Camelot investigates.
Should there then prove to be enough evidence to convince Camelot that the claim is legitimate, the jackpot will be paid out.
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Strat
He came out with a four pack of lager.

He probably did what I'd do if I won the lottery.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Community Veteran

Quote from: twocvbloke

So far, she's right place, right time, just lacks the computer database details due to forgetting to empty her pockets so the lottery people have to hum and harr over what's left of it...

Not forgetting that the lottery people will know if those numbers have been used on any other dates than the winning date. If there is a possibility that it is fraudulent they will already know!
The ultimate test will be when nobody else claims when the 180 days is up. Will that mean that she really is the winner?
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Who knows, if the shop she got the ticket from has CCTV, then the time & date logged on the ticket database should tally up with the recordings (assuming they've not already been wiped), then she could be declared the winner, but then again it could be declared that by washing the ticket she had voided her ticket and therefore her chance of winning, it's up to the financial knights of the round table at Camelot...
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

At the end of the day, then, whether or not she's won the lottery is a bit of a lottery.    Cheesy
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

But her story is a bit wishy washy  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Aye, but it'll all come out in the wash!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

This has all put me in a bit of a spin.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Camelot: “Given the interest in the missing £33m ticket-holder, we have received hundreds of claims of this nature."
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/25/camelot-receive-hundreds-of-claims-of-lost-tickets-in...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35407046
I'm looking forward to seeing hundreds of people all being prosecuted for attempted fraud!
If Camelot announced that would happen I'm sure there wouldn't be quite so many claims.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)