cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music on Hold

HexhamChorister

Music on Hold

I know there was a separate discussion on this but that topic hasn't been touched for 120 days so I am starting a new one, as advised.
There is actually some MOH psychology, which says that if customers are queuing because of a problem, the music you play them can affect their mood.  So strirring military music or hard rock may cause an already upset customer to get even more wound up.
I had to listen to two pieces of musinc this morning.  One was a couple of simpering love sick idiots wittering on about their break-up, which made we want to vomit.  Then we moved on to tight trousered screamers from the 90's telling me how irresistible they are.  Not for me.  And as far as the psychology goes, do you really want MOH that deals with 'leaving' on the support line?
The poll attached to the previous post missed a vital differentiator - QUALITY.  As long as discerning choices are made your MOH should be fine, but there's a definite lack of quality in the tacky, low quality muzak that you are using currently
14 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Music on Hold

I called PN a couple of weeks ago and the music was Beautiful South, Don't Marry Her (I think) so it cheered me up and I wanted to sing along, cept that would have sounded silly when the phone was answered and I was shouting "don't marry her, marry me"  Embarrassed
itsme
Grafter

Except 'don't marry her, marry me'  are not the words sang if you listen to the album.
For the original version
Fixes: 105

they were for the sanitised radio version Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
David_W
Rising Star

Aye, the Don't marry her - Blue version is the original from their darkest album, they had to edit it a lot to get it on Radio 1.  Beautiful South though are responsible for some amazing music, Perfect 10, Dream a little dream of me (a remake but still wonderfully sung), A song for whoever and so on, really good music so PN has great taste in their music Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Haven`t had to phone PN for a very very long time.... so can`t comment on the quality or otherwise of the music.... What a shame they need to have the facility, though...  Cry
Community Veteran

Hope PN remember to pay performing rights Wink
Fixes: 125

Personally I hate music being piped to me down the phone.
I'd rather have the occasionally beeps to let me know the line is still open with the odd message that I am creeping up the queue and listen to my own music.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I also much prefer the message letting me know where I am in the queue.
Fixes: 125

What is worse is when you end up listening to the musaic and just getting into it when stops for the message that you're moving up the queue Cheesy
Also, no matter whom you ring, no more "your call is important to us..." If it is then answer the *!&*$ phone!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Posted by: artmo
I also much prefer the message letting me know where I am in the queue.
Posted on: Today at 18:43
Posted by: Mav
Personally I hate music being piped to me down the phone.
I'd rather have the occasionally beeps to let me know the line is still open with the odd message that I am creeping up the queue and listen to my own music.

Now those two quotes bring back to mind a long running "discourse"  I had a while back,  when Mand, and others, claimed that PlusNet could not do it for some reason....
so eventually the "discourse", and discussion "died" much to the satisfaction of the PlusNet staff who were getting  much flak from me, (and a few others) about the waiting times on the phone.
somewhere I heard  "What goes around..... comes around"... so maybe time to open the discussion again.  (seing as PlusNet has increased its customer base, and therefor it`s income, it must now be in a position to source a useful supplier to provide the " your turn is number XXX".. service to its customers.
hmarshy
Grafter

I was given a choice of music genres recently whilst on hold for one telephone call (could have been Aviva but not sure!). I chose jazz which cheered me up!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

@Shutter
The problem we have is the way we prioritise different queues across the phone system. I can't promise anything but watch this space for announcements about changes to the phone system over the next couple of months
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran

I`ll be watching  Cool
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
Except 'don't marry her, marry me'  are not the words sang if you listen to the album.
For the original version

In fact "don't marry her, marry me" is not correct for any version.
The radio edit was "don't marry her, have me".
It couldn't have been "marry me" as it wouldn't fit the tune :-)