cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murderer Back Behind Bars

Community Veteran

Murderer Back Behind Bars

One of the murderers of Jamie Bulger, the young Liverpool boy adducted in a shopping centre in 1993, has been re-arrested and is in custody.
Jamie Bulgar
At the time the 2 murderers were released from prison and given new identities there was a rumour they had moved to Australia but obviously not so.
21 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Murderer Back Behind Bars

your link looks a bit strange, which one of those three is the murderer
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Wow this just blew me away,very sad state of affairs,peter sutcliffe looking for parole in the future too,makes me angry,very angry Angry
Community Veteran

Thanks Jim, corrected Smiley
David_W
Rising Star

Quote from: steve74
Wow this just blew me away,very sad state of affairs,peter sutcliffe looking for parole in the future too,makes me angry,very angry Angry

I don't believe he is looking for parole, he will never get it.  I believe he is looking for a sentence to be passed down for a set number of years which could be 100 years.  He can't actually be released unless the Home Secretary agrees to release him, I believe this is what he wants changed, rather than having a sentence which is decided by a politician, he wants a sentence which is solid in it's nature.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes i agree with that dgwebb but why should he gets what he wants,stuff that,was he not jailed indefinately? Leave him to sit there and rot and wonder.
Community Veteran

Apparently his appeal is going to cost £200,000 - and guess who will be paying Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The good old ever tolerant taxpayer again.
Does anybody else think that however its seen by the do-gooder's that perhaps for some crimes, capital punishment should still be an option? I hasten to add, the Bulger's killers at the time under existing law would have been too young anyway. But Sutcliffe wasn't...
Before anybody accuses me of being blood-thirsty, I actually remain unsure, I was only asking the question.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

A difficult one there Petlew.  I've thought about it many times and debated it often without reaching a firm conclusion but on balance I would not want capital punishment reintroduced.  However, when someone is sentenced to life then I think that should mean life.  Far too many times murderers are released after 12-15 years and I think this is wrong.
I feel extremely sorry for the family of Jamie Bulgar. I can't imagine what they are going through today after having this crime dragged up again.
Fixes: 47

What a misused word LIFE is....
Life sentence
Lifetime guarantee
Lifelong commitment Roll eyes

I don't have a problem with capital punishment....and before anyone mentions mistakes, all I can say is Collateral Damage.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Couple of related but dis-jointed points:
Before Sutcliffe was declared schizophrenic and incarcerated in Broadmoor, he was roundly set-upon by fellow inmates in jail, blinded in one eye in a stabbing with a ball-point pen, and another attack that only just missed the other eye were only a couple of the numerous attacks. Did he deserve this treatment? again I'm only asking the question, but I suspect I know the majority view...
Doesn't? capital punishment still exist for treason and certain crimes committed at sea by navy personnel. Also can't lords of the realm still be hanged with a silken rope for certain crimes. Or has that been repealed as well?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Strat
What a misused word LIFE is....
Life sentence
Lifetime guarantee
Lifelong commitment Roll eyes

I don't have a problem with capital punishment....and before anyone mentions mistakes, all I can say is Collateral Damage.

I have to agree with you there, Strat.
The Derek Bentley case comes to mind but we really need a proper deterent rather than the hand-wringing and do-gooder attitudes of recent years.
dick:green Link fixed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Yes, in that case the person hanged wasn't the one who did the shooting.  It was Craig who shot the policeman.  For many years there has been a discussion on what Bentley meant when he said 'Let him have it'  Did he mean shoot the policeman or did he mean hand him the gun?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@strat
Agree on Capital punishment