cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiculturalism

thisoldman
Grafter

Multiculturalism

Leo McKinstry of the express writes......
"There was never a more meaningless slogan than "together in diversity". We are amore divided society than ever before because muticulturalism has encouraged minorities to cling to their own customs and languages. Taxpayer'smoney has been poured into ethnic minorities housing schemes,healthcare, translation services, education and dubious community grants.
The greatest paradox  is that multiculturism, whose supporters procalim their attachement to liberal ideologies, is a dangerous poison that eats away at liberal democracy.In the name of democracy we have surrendered to those who preach intolerance.
The obsession with denegrating our culture and embracing others, means we are almost defenceless against the monster of militant Islam in our midst. Our human rights are in grave danger because our supine state has been eager to  accommodate the rights of those who seek to destroy us."

I no longer recognize this country as the one into which i was born. Sure times change, attitudes change, technology changes, but  what appals me is the way we uk citizens have passively accepted  the influx of immigrants, the tyranny of the European courts, the pandering to the so called rightsof those who have never done a days work in their lives, the swollen benefit culture, the towns and cities where over 70% of the population have never worked, and the endemic apathy of our citizens.
I have posted as has many of my fellow members in here, posts decrying the "what a stupid country we live in" dont feed the ducks etc etc.
Now  a feeling of growing pessimism and sublimal anger pervades my soul as i look aroung my environment and see
the yob and benefit and immigrants rights culture ideologies sweeping away all that made this country great, namely , a care for others , a strong work ethic and a belief in our selves
The european union is destroying our country. Our immigration and benefits cultures are destroying our country and we are at risk of pandering to the wishes/demands of those who simply fail to understand the british way of life..
Time for a change.....a massive change?.
26 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Multiculturalism

Which won't happen.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I'll agree with you both.
Strat because no major change will happen here. Politicians are so far out of touch and are such an uncaring bunch for their own people they couldn't give a rats as long as they're getting their money, power and expenses.
TOM because whats written is mostly true. Unfortunately the only people who can change any of this don't care as mentioned above.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Whilst I agree with virtually all of the post by TOM there is a bit missing and that is..........What does he recommend we do about it ?
Over the years we have heard similar comments on television debates, newspaper articles etc but few if any of these articles actually state what action should be taken, apart from a few fringe groups such as the National Front and I doubt any of us would want to go along with what they advocate as the solution to the problems.
Community Veteran

start by taking religion out of education, government and anywhere else it pokes its troublemaking nose into.  religion is a private matter between me and my supernatural being.  were it that way for all, there'd be higher standards and less conflict.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and shut one sect ethnic schools, make them speak English (In England)  Gaelic or welsh where applicable
thisoldman
Grafter

txs folks.      i really wish i knew what the answer was or whay sensible suggestions i could make without being immediately  tagged as a racist or a nutter or someother  term.

As you all by now know iv dealt with many many think tanks and everone has a different  suggestion, eg  Migration Watch, Equalityhumanrights,Inst of policy studies.....the list goes on and on and on..............
I sometimes think the gov has more advisors than doers.
Governements do know what to do but they simply dont have the guts to do it for fear of upsetting their mps their voters, eu judges etc etc.
Whether you liked her or not, maggie thatcher got things moving .........for a while.
So,  taking a very deep breath here is what i would do. Its just my personal opinion.......
1  stop all immigration  a) till we can afford it:    b) till we can sort out  racial and religious issues inherent.
2  Make immediate and draconian changes to the uk benefit culture.
3 Stop all banks paying fat cat bonuses:  make them lend more to businesses and  small companies and people needing a mortgage
4  Stop  students taking mickey mouse courses at any univ where they have no realistic chance of gaining employment, eg  courses in fine arts, journalism, medieval archaeology, sports studies etc etc etc.
5 Get out of the europen union
6 and as a member im somewhat ashamed to say this  get rid of the Equalityhumanrights commission.
7 Stop meddling with nhs.

enough from me        . should i stand for parliament?

They wouldn't let you past the door Wink
thisoldman
Grafter

Cheesy      @strat    well 4  major universities did and  3 major tts and im off soon on a lecture tour, so i must make some sense to some people.

I mean you'd scare the shit out of the political system....as would lots of ordinary folk with ordinary ideas on how things should be done Smiley
No offence intended Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: thisoldman
Cheesy      @strat     well 4  major universities did and  3 major tts and im off soon on a lecture tour, so i must make some sense to some people.

Gordon Bennett!!!   Cry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

good enough reason for not letting people go to University  Grin Cheesy Smiley Wink
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: thisoldman

1   stop all immigration   a) till we can afford it:    b) till we can sort out  racial and religious issues inherent.
2   Make immediate and draconian changes to the uk benefit culture.
3 Stop all banks paying fat cat bonuses:  make them lend more to businesses and  small companies and people needing a mortgage
4  Stop  students taking mickey mouse courses at any univ where they have no realistic chance of gaining employment, eg  courses in fine arts, journalism, medieval archaeology, sports studies etc etc etc.
5 Get out of the europen union
6 and as a member im somewhat ashamed to say this   get rid of the Equalityhumanrights commission.
7 Stop meddling with nhs.

enough from me         . should i stand for parliament?

1, Immigration cannot just be ceased. Genuine cases (safety, family etc) will always exist. There will (and indeed, should) always be differing opinions on levels of immigration allowable but to suggest just closing the borders is not sensible.
2, I agree changes need to be made. I’m as sympathetic as anyone to the genuine cases and willingly pay my bit to ensure that those less fortunate than myself can live a dignified life; but yes, there is no doubt that people claiming benefits and making no attempt to work or contribute to our society in any way does gall me. 
3, Hear! Hear!
4, I think you’re just being a little deliberately troublesome here and maybe have your tongue just inside your cheek  Wink. I think that in your heart of hearts you’ll agree that these subjects can enrich lives, okay maybe not yours specifically but many other people’s………okay, I’ll give you journalism  Wink…..but whatever you (and I) may think it does have a place.
5, I find this ‘Fog in the channel, Europe isolated’ stance laughable
6, From what I gather of your views from these forums the idea of you being anywhere near the EHRC is just………no, just no Smiley Smiley
7,  Hear! Hear!

Well, TOM, you don’t get my vote and I suspect I wouldn’t get yours!   
thisoldman
Grafter

rand  id guessed that lol  no offence  but  and i mean but  drastic action is needed.
It seems to surprize you that for many years i have assisted the EHRC  why is that.
I have fought many battles for deaf discrimination and taken action against discrimination, but and see  poppet s petition post  enough is enough. In my current view the EHRC is pandering to the so called rights of terrorists and muslims and other immigrant groups, to the detriment of uk born and bred citizens
thisoldman
Grafter

and id close these so called faith schools.