cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mucho disgruntlemento!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Mucho disgruntlemento!

This board seems to be the best place to ask this question..   There seems to have been a much higher than usual number of people complaining about PN's service standards recently. Has the recent billing software upgrade been a bit of a disaster? Or is Openreach letting the side down even more than usual, or maybe both?

Note to anyone "in the know"..  not expecting any commercially sensitive answers to this, just an eye-opener really. Don't go giving any "trade-secrets" away! We can all see that it's happening though.  Huh

10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Mucho disgruntlemento!

Oh well. We just have to guess then. Roll eyes

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

In either case blame the bean counters in charge of BT, as clearly they are to blame for all possible causes :;

Community Veteran

The biggest problem appears to be able to speak to someone when there is a problem. Long waits trying to get through.

About 2 years ago we were told the extra call centre in Leeds would solve this problem but it hasn't.

I wonder if Andy Baker is aware of the feelings of his customers.

RichardB
Pro
Fixes: 5

I hear from one of my referrals that the new billing system cannot cope with line rental saver.

They are not being billed at all by PN because  the new billing system adds the line rental back every month.

PNs current "fix" is to stop billing such customers.

This has resulted in a loss of a referral payment to me Sad

jab1
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@RichardB I find that difficult to believe - I have LRS and have been billed correctly since the start of the new system.

John
RichardB
Pro
Fixes: 5

@jab1 interesting. I was suprised when my referal was advised by PN that he was not being billed due to having LRS.

Good to hear that you are not having the issue Smiley

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@artmo wrote:

The biggest problem appears to be able to speak to someone when there is a problem. Long waits trying to get through.

About 2 years ago we were told the extra call centre in Leeds would solve this problem but it hasn't.

I wonder if Andy Baker is aware of the feelings of his customers.

@artmo .  There certainly seem to be a few techies working overtime sorting out problems on other boards here...  there obviously aren't enough people on the end of a phone. If Andy Baker isn't aware then management isn't doing its job properly.

Community Veteran

@jab1 wrote:

@RichardB I find that difficult to believe - I have LRS and have been billed correctly since the start of the new system.

I have LRS paid 1 year in advance and I have been charged the correct amount EXCEPT they failed to bill me for 3 months deducting my monthly charge from my line rental and then charge me nearly £ 60 for the 3 months.

Clearly they do not have enough staff in either the finance department or a number of other departments to deal with the many problems customers have.

At one time PN offered a top class service as many current and past customers will confirm but in recent times everything has gone in the opposite direction, not that PN is alone in this as many other firms have gone the same way ?

At one time the customer was, King  , now I think we are just a B nuisance.

jab1
Seasoned Champion

@gleneagles I must be one of the lucky ones Smiley - apart from my October bill being delayed by a couple of weeks which mucked my referral credit up, I've had no problems.

John
Community Veteran

@nozzer wrote:

@artmo .  There certainly seem to be a few techies working overtime sorting out problems on other boards here...  there obviously aren't enough people on the end of a phone. If Andy Baker isn't aware then management isn't doing its job properly.

But are these PN staff or other customers who try to help out?

I remember Bob Pullen who was always on the boards. Is he still around? Bob was always so helpful.