Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms Abbott

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Ms Abbott

i nearly wet my pants listening to Dianne Abbott trying to explain how Labour are going to pay for Extra Police

Has she got a brain Cheesy

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/diane-abbotts-agonising-interview-over-policy-cos...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
46 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Ms Abbott

Given her party has little if any chance of getting into government they might just as well promise the sun, the moon and the stars as they are certainly on another planet with this. 

As for having a brain, it would be a cheek to suggest where I think it might be. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Anonymous
N/A

Minivanman wrote:

they might just as well promise the sun, the moon and the stars as they are certainly on another planet with this. 

Almost as ridiculous as Slime-ball May's claims that we'll be better off after Brexit.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

The BBC's assistant political editor Norman Smith said it was a "toe-curling" moment but there was a serious point - either Ms Abbott, who aspired to run the Home Office, had not done her homework on a key policy announcement, or Labour's numbers were a "bit flaky".

Now once again i will say i am not a Tory voter , But when mistakes like this are made it does not instill confidence !!!!

Community Veteran

It's like when they interview virtually any MP and they throw them by asking a simple question like how much is a pint of milk or a loaf of bread.

Or why has it taken so long to realise the EU is a disorganised expensive disaster and bad for Britain.

Minivanman
Hero

@notinmyname

Why is she a slime ball, and when did she say that?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Anonymous
N/A

@Minivanman

After your snide comments yesterday in the thread that was locked, I respectfully suggest you [expletive deleted].

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@notinmyname oh where is the debater if the age! good argument there!

I voted for Brexit not because I hanker after ever increasing percentages in growth, tax revenues etc. etc. but i pine for our lost democracy to unelected euro bureaucrats.

As Tony Benn famously gave as a test of democracy " what power do you have; where did you get it; in whose interests do you exercise it; to whom are you accountable; and, how can we get rid of you? Anyone who cannot answer the last of those questions does not live in a democratic system."

Eventually a healthy democracy will win over narrow monetory measures and the membership fee for the EU far exceeds the apparent benefits!

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Relax. All is clear. She misspoke on Labour Policy.  

The phrase: "don't buy a pig in a poke", rhymes nicely.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Or as far as Jeremy is concerned it was a mis-poke Funny

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I would love to post a reply on this topic but sadly whatever I say will be deemed racist by at least one person on this thread so will refrain from doing so.

Quite annoying when interesting topics get locked due to a single poster using this to highjack posts.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

notinmyname wrote:

Almost as ridiculous as Slime-ball May's claims that we'll be better off after Brexit.

Where did she say that - note that she was against Brexit before the referendum

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Mr Trumptom would say Ms Abbott was using alternative truths  Smiley

I say Ms Abbott lives on a alternative planet

Anonymous
N/A

Oldjim wrote:

notinmyname wrote:

Where did she say that - note that she was against Brexit before the referendum

Try reading the Lancaster House speech she made in January. The number of references to Britain being 'stronger' or 'better' pretty well outnumbers the references to 'strong and stable' leadership made in the last few days. But for the avoidance of doubt, here are the last few sentences of that speech:

"So that is what we will do.

Not merely forming a new partnership with Europe, but building a stronger, fairer, more Global Britain too.

And let that be the legacy of our time. The prize towards which we work. The destination at which we arrive once the negotiation is done.

And let us do it not for ourselves, but for those who follow. For the country’s children and grandchildren too.

So that when future generations look back at this time, they will judge us not only by the decision that we made, but by what we made of that decision.

They will see that we shaped them a brighter future.

They will know that we built them a better Britain."

Oh, and by the way @Oldjim, I find your 'note that she was against Brexit before the referendum' extremely patronising.

Anonymous
N/A

gleneagles wrote:

I would love to post a reply on this topic but sadly whatever I say will be deemed racist by at least one person on this thread so will refrain from doing so.

Quite annoying when interesting topics get locked due to a single poster using this to highjack posts.

The strange thing is, @gleneagles, you are the first and only person to introduce race as a theme in this thread. Which would suggest to me that you are the one doing the highjacking.