cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mrs Shutter`s Birthday present !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Mrs Shutter`s Birthday present !

It is my wife`s birthday today. and as we have been married for a very very very very very very very long time, as the years go by, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a "suitable"/ different present.
So , I decided to do a "spoof" prezzie....
It is a washing up bowl, complete with instructions ....
What sort of spoof prezzie would you give ?
11 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Mrs Shutter`s Birthday present !

Do we all get an invite to your wake?  Cool
Community Veteran

A compost bin one year.  Lips are sealed
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I gave my wife an 3m cubed cardboard box filled with a multitude of packaging and a set of rather expensive jewlery for her 30'th (granted that was back when I could afford such things)
on other times I have presented here with things like a dishwasher and a set of dishwasher safe pans .......

lately I gave her a paint brush a trowel some edible body paint, the kids like giving here things like aprons (with naff ditties on them)
it all rather depends on if your getting her something else (like a slap up meal) as well or if its the only thing your getting on the grounds that its the thought that counts ....(having said that my wife and I do still get each other stockings every year where pretty much every single item is a joke of one sort or another)
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: nadger
Do we all get an invite to your wake?  Cool

Yes..... bring your own plates, and glasses...... she will know what to do with them  ! !
Community Veteran

@shutter when do you get out of hospital Wink
Fixes: 47

I once bought mine one of these which in my case read "The best man for the job is a woman" and had the word BOSS printed on the inside just to remind her of her status in the family  Sad

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Me & Mrs Taz have a long standing agreement. We don't buy one another gifts at birthdays, chrimbo etc.
What we do is go on a shopping expedition together and buy what we want. My father in law on the other hand is fair game. We buy one another completely naff gifts. My personal best was one of these.
TORPC
Grafter

I always by SWMBO naff pressies for her to guess what her main pressie will be

I once bought SWMBO a cheese grater for her b/day, she thought we were going for pizza, I actually took her to the newest french restaurant in town
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

after the year I bought mine a set of pans and she didn't see the funny side I tend to shy away from things that can be used as missiles or bats .....now its all things that wont hurt when bounced off my head in the run up to here discovering whatever I actually bought for her
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: tazmaniandevil
Me & Mrs Taz have a long standing agreement. We don't buy one another gifts at birthdays, chrimbo etc.
What we do is go on a shopping expedition together and buy what we want.

Thats not bad but I can better it!
We do wishlists of stuff we like / want. That way we can both buy each other stuff we know the other will want / like but it's still a surprise!
I still don't have my £50k merc, challenger tank (for the ex boss) or a aircraft carrier yet but i'm sure it's only a matter of time  Smiley
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

I thought you was considering loaning / hireing out the aircraft carrier  Wink