cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr Mcafee RIP

Strat
Fixes: 515

Mr Mcafee RIP

John McAfee: Anti-virus creator found dead in prison cell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57589822

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 90.0.2 (64-bit)

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
6 REPLIES 6
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Mr Mcafee RIP

Reading about this earlier and it does seem the guy really lost the plot along the way, but what a sad ending to what was despite everything a very interesting life.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

The American justice system is quite unpleasant and ruthless. You do not have to be guilty to be locked up for years while they decide what to charge you for.  It was tax evasion that got Al Capone too, not his overt criminal activities.

As the saying goes - I'm not paranoid, they ARE out to get me!!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Absolutely @TeeGee and have just finished watching these on BBC Storyville.

We may whinge about the British system and as well we might, but the thought of getting tangled up in the American justice system does not bear thinking about.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Good, glad he's gone if i'm honest. The software tat he had installed on every windows PC (and lately android devices) from new was a menace. Cheap quality tat that was a pain for upgrading and caused me a lot of headaches. It just shows that once you're minted, you stop giving a damn about product quality - he certainly did.

I had to reinstall windows THREE TIMES in one day thanks to his shoddy software.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 80

I had once, bundled with a Medion laptop (now deceased) and uninstalled it within 12 hours - intrusive, unresponsive and frankly useless. I have always done 'best-practice' surfing, searching &c. and that pile of rubbish kept telling me a particular, perfectly legit, site was unsafe to the point it refused me access.

John
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Sounds about right. Like i said it was cheap worthless tat. He got minted and after that he stopped caring about the software actually doing anything properly and that's been evident fot the last 20 odd years.

I don't mind people that make themselves rich from nothing but he was an arrogant excuse for a life form that thought everyone else was below him.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!