cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving provider after bill being first notification of price rise RANT

wildthing666
Grafter

Moving provider after bill being first notification of price rise RANT

This is just a rant but has anyone been asked to pay for remaining months after moving provider when the subject of the move is not been notified by the previous provider of a price increase either by snail mail or email? I let my last months bill go out but it was the first actual notification by them that they were putting the monthly amount up. I decided to bite the bullet and left my monthly bill just for internet and TV, including TV license, was nearly £85 a month. I moved to PN but the old provider are saying they now want just short of £162 for the remaining months. I paid for the year and got the net at £10 for 6 months, I effectively cut the bill in half and cancelled the TV license as well a monthly saving of over £48.

I had been with my old provider since 2008 when I was in a small village only able to get 0.5Mb, I now get over 51Mb.

I sent the CEO a complaint and posted a link to the Ofcom page about price rises and how customers shouldn't be penalised for moving if the price is increased mid contract and a section off that page that said it would look unfavourably on providers who tried to make customers pay for remaining months because they wanted to leave due to a price rise. I went back through 30,000 emails and there was only 2 emails notifying me of a price rise one from 2008/9 and one from 2011 all the others must have been letters. I know I didn't have to go back that far but it was an excuse to clear out old junk while trying to find any email notification of an increase in 2016, there was none. In the whole of 2016 there was just 3 emails from them and one of them was about been flooded at the beginning of the year, the other 2 were bills for Jan 2016 and May 2016. I am 100% in winning complaints as I don't go in without checking out the info first and as soon as they start going for the money they are going to be met with requests and demands for payments from me. Once I get into something I don't back off they either give in or lose, I have only ever taken one case to court and the judge really tore into them after they tried saying stuff like we posted it to him on, which I interrupted with supply proof of postage and proof of receipt so unless the other provider can supply proofs they have no chance

2 REPLIES
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Re: Moving provider after bill being first notification of price rise RANT

Just to clarify, the old provider sent out a price rise notification, leading to you leaving, but are chasing for final fees?

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
wildthing666
Grafter

Re: Moving provider after bill being first notification of price rise RANT

You are partially correct, they may claim to have but cannot provide any proof as that is what I will be asking them for when they come knocking. Just because they claim to have sent either a letter or email they have no concrete proof it was received by me.

This isn't a rant at PN I have just joined but at my previous supplier. Just thought I should point that out in case anyone thinks it's PN it's not