Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on out...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Moving on out...

wrote:

Really hate to see you leave @twocvbloke, I really do hope you stick around the forums. Who knows you might be back with us someday Cheesy 

Have to see in 18 months, if PN follows the likes of the Vodafone pricing scheme, maybe, but we shall see... Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

wrote:

@7up

Quote: ' Better than they were 10 years ago' ?

You cannot be serious ?

Compare the complaints on the forum from 10 years ago to the number now on the forum.

Years ago when I had some problems PN actually phoned me !

These days some users actually have problems phoning them.

Yes I am!

10 years ago when we joined I couldn't even get 300 BYTES per second on p2p. A few years later that had improved massively. I don't use it these days though and haven't for years however plusnet did invest in new pipes which made the whole situation a lot better. It was very grim, many customers complaining about the lack of throughput etc. There just wasn't enough bandwidth to keep customers happy. Getting through on the phone was a total pain and then PN shipped the call centre out to India so if you could get through you were lucky to even speak to someone who could really make much difference. We also had to either supply our own hardware or use the somewhat grim (though functional) usb device which would disconnect every night screwing up downloads.

Compare that to now. Unlimited bandwidth, much improved speeds, staff like @bobpullen who go the extra mile and a router chucked in to get you connected!

Sure I can understand that the call centre is still a pain to get through to (and not always accurate with their info) but from my POV that hasn't changed as it was always hit n miss previously anyway. One good thing is that they brought that back from India so you now speak to someone who understands and can make a difference.

As for forum complaints, can't really comment as I don't watch those however back then I was one of the big moaners and didn't hold back with my grumbles. I was banned multiple times by the mods for it. I've not had any reason to complain to PN for years - the only mild glitch being a router that was defective but Bob got that sorted and although it was a bit of an annoyance when it was playing up, I can't call it a complaint about plusnets service (though at the time I did wrongly believe it was a firmware update - sorry Bob).

At the end of the day, PN is offering cheap internet access and although our upload speeds are feeble due to the package we're on, access to the internet and download speeds is good enough for us that we're happy with it. As long as it works and we don't need to contact PN we're not going to complain. If I need to upload anything large quickly I have my phones data connection. That may become an issue as the years go by and the little one wants to use skype etc but thats an issue for another time.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
RobPN
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

wrote:

10 years ago when we joined ... and then PN shipped the call centre out to India

I've been with PN for over 15 years without a break, first on ADSLx then FTTP, and to the best of my knowledge the call centre was never in India during that time, although admittedly there've been few occasions I've needed to call,

Perhaps you're mixing that up with the time they swallowed another ISP who had their call centre in South Africa and which was then incorporated into PNs pool?

Community Veteran

@RobPN You're right PN has never had an Indian call centre. They have always operated from Sheffield. The company you were trying to recall was Waitrose who had a South African call centre when they joined PN.

Obviously PN has kept up to date with technology but most of us judge them by the response from the call centre. I have been a user of PN for over 10 years and have seen a total deterioration of the call centre in this time.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 73

wrote:

@RobPN You're right PN has never had an Indian call centre. They have always operated from Sheffield. The company you were trying to recall was Waitrose who had a South African call centre when they joined PN.

Wow that's some time ago, It was in Durban SA. We've never had anything in India.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Community Veteran

Ok "Foreign" call centre then.

I remember there being quite a lot of fuss about it at the time.

Community Veteran

Well I'm confused this morning (doesn't take much, I know!), £5.06 deposited in my bank account from PN, and £3.03 debited from said account, so, PN has paid me £2.03 to leave.......... Funny

Ah well, covers Lloyds Bank's stupid daily overdraft fees for the next couple weeks at least... Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Ah but you haven't left because you are still here.

Paid you £ 2 to go ?

Must make some enquiries bet they would offer a lot more than that to get shot of me !

Smiley

Community Veteran

Yeah thats a point @gleneagles I wonder how much they would pay to see the back of me lol. 

Community Veteran

@gleneagles wrote:

Ah but you haven't left because you are still here.

I'm only here in spirit, well, I would be if I had some whisky... Crazy

Community Veteran

Ah-ha! I knew there had to be something that didn't go to plan, apparently I'm to pay for a month's Unlimited Fibre (Without phone):

PNbill.jpg

Given my "Fibre" service is coming from someone else, that's a wee bit cheeky don't you think?? Cool smiley