cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movies: This is England

Community Veteran

Movies: This is England

I just watched this film on the recomendation of a friend and I have to say I was moved by how raw and powerful it is. Not only the issues dealt with in the film but the instrumental soundtrack at various parts. The preformance by Stephen Graham as Combo is among some of the best acting I have ever seen. Well worth watching! (And I am not English).
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Movies: This is England

I'm not acquainted with the movie having never seen it, however I do know that it uses some music from this CD by Ludovico Einaudi, which I own the non-SE
of and can definitely recommend if you like very affective orchestral and/or piano music.
Community Veteran

It is a single piano instrumental in the film. I am into all sorts of music but that piece really just grasped me.
Community Veteran

The track is called Dietro Casa
Community Veteran

Well, there's quite a bit more music than that single piano track in the whole film, but FWIW that track is also by Einaudi, and can be found on his Una Mattina album.
ste
Grafter

Dead Man's Shoes is another good film made by the same director.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, I agree with that. It's pretty dark, but a damn fine film.
ste
Grafter

A Room for Romeo Brass is also worth watching, but not as good as the other two.
chino
Grafter

Yes i was in the philippines and a dutch guy told me to watch it and so i did (bought it when i was in india / its cheaper than england).... what can i say its a great movie!