cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorway cops

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Motorway cops

I Guess not many on this forum watch motorway cops that's on the television as it's fairly boring but from the few episodes I have seen it seems a complete waste of time & Money stopping these criminals as the outcome usually results in no charges being made or some minor penalty for things that are quite serious.
On last nights program they (that's 3 police cars and one helicopter) collared half a dozen guys loading stuff into the back of a car and found a warehouse full of stuff that would be used for growing cannabis but they walked free as no cannabis was found.
On a personal note a friend of mine had his house broken into whilst he was in bed, they nicked the usual stuff, loaded it into his car and cleared off. A few weeks later the police found the car in a lockup and when they interviewed the owner (a known criminal) he said he knew nothing about the car and as they found no keys in his house or prints in the car he was not charged.....quite likely he got others to do the theft.
This country is a paradise for criminal espically the ones who speak poor english.
8 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Motorway cops

I've watched a couple of the police camera programmes and the first thing that springs to mind is the number of wrecked cars as a result of police chasing stolen vehicles - would you really want them to recover your car  Wink
Have to agree about most of the punishment handed out - makes all the effort seem rather futile.
Fixes: 47

Seems to me it's just a matter of knowing how to work the system.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Uhmm! do very occasionally watch one but, find them very repetitious. The one thing that strikes me is how close the cops might be to being criminals themselves.
Think there's an old adage about that.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are they that bad as it was on Tuesday not Thursday, mind you I did watch a recording last night
Community Veteran

i think the answer is to convict people as guilty even if there's insufficient evidence to link them to the crime ... in fact, the lack of evidence often proves how guilty they are, as they have obviously been clever enough to conceal their wrongdoings ...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

What annoys me is that some plods are just plain offensive and stupid.
A while back I got pulled by the fuzz after buying a new car. Pulled me on the M55 to ask me about insurance as I'd only arranged it that day and it wasn't on the MID yet.
I explained to him that I had an extension to my policy to cover the vehicle and he accused me of misusing my existing insurance on another car to illegally drive the new one. It took me 3 explanations to get it into his head that I had arranged an extension on my policy to cover a 2nd vehicle and even then he said he'd be in touch after contacting the MIB in the morning. He then asked for the existing cars reg and asked why we had it registered to our home address and why was it insured to me and registered in the SO's name?!?!?! - Which is totally legal.
To think... some plods seriously can not comprehend anything other than very basic logic and they're out there policing our roads. I had another brush with the law many moons ago and the same thing happened. I had to point out every glaring-them-in-the-face mistake they had made and even then they tried very hard to excuse it.
I saw one of these road war show things once on TV where a plod stopped one woman for coming off a roundabout on a dual carriageway into the right hand lane. He stopped her claiming it was illegal to come off in the right hand lane - yet the highways authorities put them there for that very purpose. I saw on TV once a group of plods arrest one fella simply because he had a big wad of cash on him (like most folk when they're buying a car) and they wouldn't even give him a receipt for it or count it with a witness etc.
Some of the antics the modern fuzz get up to are worrying as its almost a militant style and its almost like we're in a dictatorship but then every now and again you come across a few decent ones who actually do their best to be a proper copper. I do think the patrol car coppers need to relax a bit more because they seem very aggressive.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: nadger
I've watched a couple of the police camera programmes and the first thing that springs to mind is the number of wrecked cars as a result of police chasing stolen vehicles - would you really want them to recover your car
Not only wrecked cars, but wrecked lives of the families of the people that get killed or injured while the the police are racing around chasing cars. The car usually end up wrecked and the criminal gets something like 100 hours community service and 3 points on their license.

Quote from: okrzynska
Some of the antics the modern fuzz get up to are worrying as its almost a militant style and its almost like we're in a dictatorship <snip>
I agree, it worries me too,
Fixes: 47

I've always said if you want to murder someone do it with a car. You might get away with a driving ban and points on your license. Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation