cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorists to get fines refunded because of sign blunder

Community Veteran

What is described as an "historical clerical error" in Dorset means that police and the local speed camera
partnership have to track down drivers caught by a single camera over the past decade.
They face a potential bill of more than £1 million, if every driver is contacted.

haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha  Grin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/5577714/Motorists-to-get-fines-refunded-because-of-sign-blu...
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Motorists to get fines refunded because of sign blunder

that's made my weekend Santiago Grin Grin
Community Veteran

Well it made me laugh out loud
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there is a good one just a few miles up the Road from Artmo on the A120 Coggeshall bypass, at either end of the Bypass the Count Council put in Street lights to show the junction, the road has a National 60mph speed limit, they forgot that street lights automatically lowered that to 30MPH, it took them over two years to put the legal notices in and the signe up to increase it back to 60.
In the middle of the bypass there is a length of Dual Carriageway for a crossroad, this increases the limit to 70MPH, and there are derestriction signs up, then they put up auto "lazer"? sensed speed signs to say you are going to fast slow down, I have triggered that sign at 40
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Yeah, I'm sure everyone who got stitched up via that camera will get their money back - automatically.
As opposed to the minority who will challenge it Roll eyes