Motorists seconds from death

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Motorists seconds from death

11 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Motorists seconds from death

I wonder what the containers held that were spilling liquid onto the carriageway. Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Beggar me!  Huh Huh Huh
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

And they just carry on without even an arrrrrgh! as though it's an everyday occurrence.
Seeing it's Russia it probably is.
Quote from: Strat
I wonder what the containers held that were spilling liquid

Are you thinking something dodgy perhaps, hidden amongst the load?

I was thinking more in terms of flammable liquid which could have caused serious problems in itself.
Not quite as bad as this maybe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFj28hoioAc
Thunderclap
Grafter

Shocked Trees, pipes, buildings, aircraft and meteorites, these are just a few of the hazards the Russian driver has to avoid.
Fixes: 124

That last canasta shot out rather urgently. If I was that policeman in the car I think I would have had to have a change of underwear  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

I heard that he didn't stop reversing until he hit the back wall of the Police Station garage.
Community Veteran

Could well be diesel in those containers if he is on a long haul and didn't want to be stopping at a station to refuel - my Uncle is Russian and he has told me in the past about problems with fuel contamination.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I had something like that happen to me on the M6 a few years back. I was driving a slow van and was overtaken by a car pulling a holiday caravan. It was going too fast and started to snake violently. In a flash I was swerving around to avoid suitcases, bedding  and kitchen utensils as the caravan rolled and "exploded".
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Quote from: AlaricAdair
caravan rolled and "exploded".

I can just picture your wipers flailing back and forth struggling to remove all the cheese and tomato sandwiches stuck to your windscreen.
Community Veteran

I remember doing my weekly 280 mile trip down to Devon to visit the girlfriend many moons ago. Due to an accident, it took me about 6 hours to do the first 25 miles.
I had borrowed the company van and was following a large lorry which was shedding huge rolls of bubblewrap (6 foot high rolls). It was like Donkey Kong but in a van !
After some nifty manoeuvring, I was back on my way and managed to get most of the way there without further incident until a CV joint decided to give up the ghost (probably due to the swerving at speed on the motorway). I limped the van through some rather nasty country lanes for the last 30 miles in the pitch black just as it started to snow heavily.
I think it took me around 12 hours to do 280 miles - not a journey I'll forget in a hurry !