Motoring topic

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Motoring topic

A lot of things on that site are OTT on Prices Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 23

I agree, Pierre, £35 isn`t cheap for a bit of "tat" that is manufactured at about £1.25p each. somewhere in deepest China  Huh
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
I thought there were laws about minimum speeds <snip>

Minimum speed limit signs.

You won't often encounter a minimum speed limit however they are sometimes put in place where it is important to keep traffic moving smoothly e.g.through tunnels.
On motorways the police can pull over cars that are driving dangerously slow, and book them.
Here is an example. "I really didn't want to go on the motorway, but I desperately had to go to Staples for an ink cartridge," she said.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7171154.stm
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Community Veteran
Fixes: 23

Grin
Grin

Grin
Oh Yes !  Well done Pierre !.... but again £99 is a hell of a lot of money..... !  Thanks for the effort.... Brill !  Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well they had a cheaper one but the sily (bits of earth) didnt say what the operating voltage was, the link is on the LH side of the page, they also had a plain red at 79.99
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Spider
My personal pet hate is mini roundabouts, I wish more people would learn how to use them correctly.

I think Spider makes a fair point...using them correctly, I think it matters little how you cross them (many round here are not humped but just painted on flat) its how a junction with a mini-roundabout is approached; just like a full sized roundabout giving way to traffic from your right, however I must admit it can be "fun" if all the junctions are being approached at the same time.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

some have different lines at the approach, i.e, two dotted, one dotted an one solid an the last two solid, I did ask a rep fromt the county traffic police department abot priority and she jjust shrugged her shoulders
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

All this talk of roundabouts brings up another of my pet hates; those wonderful drivers who don't indicate their intentions on roundabouts, especially  those who fail to indicate their exit. But then of course the rest of us should be gifted with telepathy or second sight....don't you just love em'
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

...which reminds me what my driving instructor said for roundabouts:
"check the indicators, look at the wheels and be prepared for the person being an idiot"
Still to this day, I looked at front wheel position and it as given a greater clue to the actual intention of the driver, irrespective of lane and indicators.