cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor insurance again!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Motor insurance again!!

Well, well, well.... Just received my annual car insurance reminder, and, my premium has gone DOWN by £21, I have checked with them that nothing has changed and that I do have home-to-work cover, and that I do have uninsured driver accident cover (as long as its their fault), and yes, all is as was last year. So I must be doing something right.

I have been with the same company (LV) for better part of 30 years, and have a 9 year no claims. But to be honest I was expecting an increase. 

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
12 REPLIES
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Motor insurance again!!

It's not always about the individual. Maybe the demographics have changed and less cars are being nicked in your area, maybe your car has become safer than other models.

It's all complicated stuff when it comes to car insurance I do know that - and do we understand it? 

I don't that's for sure. Crazy2 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Your premium has gone down by £21.00   ?  

That must be me paying £21.00 more this year...Cry

Say "Thank you, shutter ! "    Cool smiley

8BKA
Rising Star

Good morning  ,

Same thing happened to me with LV the LV quotation on Confused was much lower than my renewal so I rang LV and was advised to go to their new online quotation site which has been updated and get a new quote.

It is totally different you now have to put in your driving licence number if you have reversing sensors/cameras etc etc.

Mine and went down even more

I would give it a try

Brian A

8BKA
Rising Star

PS

Just checked mine went down to £253 28 from £338.72 last year.

Everything the same when I rang back after getting the new  quote to check if everything was the same  they did it for the new price no problem.

When I asked why there was such a large difference they said existing policies were not done on the new updated system  

If you are or were a Civil Servants or Public Sector worker or have family member who is/was its worth thinking about joining Boundless ex CSMA see link below

https://www.boundless.co.uk/

Community Veteran

@8BKA I'm indebted to you. And this will have shutter jumping up and down!!!

I did an online quote with LV, well I'm almost ashamed to type this I received a quote £137.76 LOWER than the postal quote.

Having checked all the details and found them all in order and correct, did I accept the online quote...

You bet I did!!

That's a pint (or two) I owe you.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
198kHz
All Star
Fixes: 9

@8BKA wrote:

If you are or were a Civil Servants or Public Sector worker or have family member who is/was its worth thinking about joining Boundless ex CSMA see link below

https://www.boundless.co.uk/

Seconded.

I've motor and home policies with LV via Boundless, and there's a discount for having more than one policy.

Remeber you are unique - just like everyone else
Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Isn’t the crackdown on whiplash injuries supposed to be reducing Insurance costs ?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@petlew

@8BKA

Checked against my current insurance and it comes in at just over £50 a year cheaper so I've saved my details with them and will have a look again later this year when our car insurance is due. Thumbs Up

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@petlew wrote:

@8BKA I'm indebted to you. And this will have shutter jumping up and down!!!

Yes indeedy... I`ve been with LV for a few years.. always double checked when the renewal comes in, with the usual online comparison sites... always came out cheaper than the rest. 

However, this years renewal, ( about 6 weeks ago ). was more than the last years... and I double checked as usual, but still came out with the same "renewal" price   so.. had to lump it.... but will certainly be watching it again next year..

8BKA
Rising Star

198kHz wrote

Seconded.

I've motor and home policies with LV via Boundless, and there's a discount for having more than one policy

I totally agree and you get a discount with LV for going through I've been a member for many years.

Boundless have brought in that anyone can be member if they are recommended by an existing member so if anyone wants to join send me a private message an I will give you my number so you can join

Brian A   

Community Veteran

Well, it probably figures given the level of reduction quoted that there has been an error, which I'm delighted to say wasn't made by me...

The new online quote didn't take into account the existing UK Recovery/Home Assist. I thought I paid it as a separate account, and the LV agent didn't ask if I still wanted it, it was in fact part of the original package.

The recovery etc. is £70, which reduces the online discount from £137.76 to £67.76.

Still a worthwhile reduction though.  

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Been with LV for a few years but recently been having some problems with them.

Got my quote a month before the renewal date and it said a tracker was fitted to my vehicle, phoned them about it and they said it was just a quote and would not be on the original policy.

Last week I get a phone call from them to say there has been some problem with the direct debit payment and they were unable to take it so could I pay by card over the phone, my first concern was that this might be a scam but they had my card number along with various other details and as my new documents had not arrived I was satisfied it was not a scam.

I was also told that despite the policy not being renewed until I paid I would still have been covered for the 10 days I did not have a policy for but my details would not have appeared on the national database, so imagine if I had been stopped by the police or clocked on a anpr camera the hassel I would have had, no comment when I mentioned this.

Documents arrived today and yes you have guessed they still show a tracker is fitted to my car so someone will be getting earache tomorrow.

Only positive thing in this whole saga is like others my premium has reduced by over £ 50.