cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Cyclist, Watch out Speed Cameras don't need your number plate

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Motor Cyclist, Watch out Speed Cameras don't need your number plate

see http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2009/August/aug2709-bikers-caught-by...
A motorcyclist who did 81mph in a 30mph built-up area has been banned after police identified him from front-facing speed camera pictures.
Gary Lacey, 48, had also been snapped riding at 77, 69, 63, 61 and twice at 38mph.
On each occasion front-facing cameras had been unable to capture his number plate but he was caught when officers waited for him on his commute to work.
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Motor Cyclist, Watch out Speed Cameras don't need your number plate

No that is more a case of stupidity Crazy
Do the same thing on the same route and not expect to be caught. Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you read the article and look at the pictures?, even more of an idiot
Community Veteran

Wish we had speed cameras like that near where I live.
We have a B road popular with motor bikers and we often get them doing about 80 mph + and the police say many Highland roads have similar problems - often with higher speeds and most of the people caught are what they call born again bikers in the 40's, 50's or 60's. 
scootie
Grafter

matlock bath is a holy grail for motorbikes on a sunday they come from far an wide and use the peak district roads as race track yet the problem is small villages pop up yet these pleasure riders dont care and carry on as thoe they are at the TT.
Fixes: 47

Don't I know it Asbo Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this is my local Bike hot spot, down lots of  small twisty road, average  about one a month fatal s.  They have Hele speed traps on two areas around Essex.

This is Finchingfield

Wifes Great Gran live here and brought up 7 children
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just found this cookery tour round Finchingfield  http://www.cookingwiththejoneses.com/node/682/
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The Occupants of the Round House Finchingfield
and for fun Marias Mum & Dad
nadger
Rising Star

I see that the speeding motorcyclist had a torn Ace Cafe sticker - later removed.
Is it really over 50 years ago that I used to there. Embarrassed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Indeed so did I, it was an institution then -remember the run from the "Ace to the Busy Bee"?-
As far as I know the Ace is still there, but a shadow of its former self, although a few bikers still congregate there (the Busy Bee isn't as such)
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
nadger
Rising Star

The Ace is still there - recently they used it as home for a series of 5th Gear.
Busy Bee was, if I recall, on Watford Bypass at Aldenham Road junction.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they  did a charity run from The Ace to Southend over 5000 bikes think earlier this year, they did have a photo page on BBC Essex, but they have just rehashed the web page and cant find it
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: ASBO
matlock bath is a holy grail for motorbikes on a sunday they come from far an wide and use the peak district roads as race track yet the problem is small villages pop up yet these pleasure riders dont care and carry on as thoe they are at the TT.

The Matlock Bath crowd are just a load of aged bikers - well behaved and only turn up in any numbers (100's) at Bank Holidays.
When I were a kid, we had mods and rockers tearing through nearby Matlock on their way to the coast for their pitched battles. Smiley
We also had some fairly rough Hells Angels - the genuine article.
You didn't mess with them!
The Matlock Bath crowd will be staying in hotels and will be very well behaved - I bet they help old ladies across the street!!!

scootie
Grafter

I would love to have you opion on the matlock bath crowd. most are pleasure riders but like you say the not so angels are regular visters and on one occasion i had them looking round matlock for me because i was dared to bunny hop one o there harley daves on my bmx by a m8 i expected d angels to be impressed by the skill but soon heard some choice words and headed back to matlock to watch the angels crusiening bout looking for some one Crazy Grin
I was born an lived in matlock for 20 years and you est of 100 bikes on bank holidays is an under est. me an m8 use to sit on matlock round bout to watch the bikes on sundays and its a constant run of bikes from moring till evening,
On one occasion we was treated to a run of mods on the mopeds which took them a good 30 mins from the first to last going through matlock on to matlock bath. it took a good week for the engine smoke to clear Grin.
Its all changed now thoe as they built on the tarmac quarry and put a small bypass in and the bridge at matlock is only oneway now so these sights are not sein in matlock now
more than 100 here i belive

-BXs&NR=1&feature=fvwp