9 REPLIES
Fixes: 124

Re: Mothers Day

Few more hits included;
Try Wing To Get The Feeling Again
Weak Hen In New England
I made It Through The Grain

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Manilow - yuck !
Community Veteran

I always thought he had nice teeth.
Community Veteran

He has written for many of the big stars.  He used to play piano for Barbra Streisand.
itsme
Grafter

Think you may find that should be Bette Midler.
Community Veteran

Before he was famous in his own right he played piano for Streisand in New York Wink
N/A

Undoubtedly a talented man, I have to confess that he seems to be a bit of an enigma. I mean, how many fellows are like him?
Mind you, he seems to be amiable and clean living and I suppose that his individuality is what has made him famous.
Not a huge fan though, although don't dislike him.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Before he was famous in his own right he played piano for Streisand in New York Wink

I know that I'm getting old but I did not think my memory was wrong on this so look it up on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Manilow no mention on Steisand but
Manilow's well-known association with Bette Midler began at the Continental Baths in New York City.[12] He accompanied her and other artists on the piano from 1970 to 1971, and Midler chose Manilow to assist with the production of her first two albums

He may have played piano for Streisand but he does not mention it on his website http://www.manilow.com/ but
In 1971, Barry Manilow met Bette Midler and became her music director, arranger and pianist. The following year, Manilow signed with Bell Records to record his debut solo album.
Community Veteran

I read that before either became famous they worked together in NY - but you may know better.
They also  sang together on Barbara's 'Duets'.