cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother nature

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Mother nature

The human race becomes complacent about how we can change the world by violence or control of its resources. Then Mother nature reminds us that we are not omnipotent after all (events in "Ring of Fire") 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
10 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Mother nature

George Carlin explains it quite well albeit with fruity language.
As he suggests we are just a minor irritation in the planet's long history and whatever we do will make no real difference in the long term.
If things get too bad, global warming for example, the planet with simply eradicate the source of the problem...us, and rebalance it's systems.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quite right Strat. Archaeologists and anthropologists tell us would have us believe that if the age of the Earth were compared to one year in time, then the human animal started to evolve on 30th December at 23:59. The age of dinosaurs has by modern estimates been the most successful species yet known lasting millions of years, wiped out by a catastrophe not through natural evolvement. Humans haven't yet begun to scratch the surface of longevity yet. 
First line edited in deference to aidewoo's comment 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 105

If you believe everything they tell you...
Will Moderate For Thanks

There are people who believe nothing unless they can detect it by one or more of their senses.
There has to be a name for people such as this. Wink
scootie
Grafter

asbo dog i belive is the name your looking for. i dont belive any where but england exists so far as i havent bein to any where else. every one is just making up storys about other land out the across the sea
oh sorry wales also exists  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

i went somewhere a couple of weeks ago by a fing called plane, dont know where as it was dark both ways, they drunk funny black stuff and kept on about turds of this and that, most weired accent

Quote from: ASBO
oh sorry wales also exists  Grin

No need to apologise for Wales' existence Asbo
Oh I don't know though Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: pierre_pierre
i went somewhere a couple of weeks ago by a fing called plane, dont know where as it was dark both ways, they drunk funny black stuff and kept on about turds of this and that, most weired accent
Isn't that just south of Newcastle  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont think so looked a bit like this

thought the stuff from the Newcastle area was Brown
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Nah! - the only thing which is brown and drinkable up there is the river  Crazy ever since Heineken bought the brewery  Sad
Now the one from the Weir aka Sunderland was Vaux Breweries and that was a great pint until the greedy owners took the advice of a Corporate Advisor - spit - and closed the breweries down.