cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother Mushroom Jailed For Ten Years

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Mother Mushroom Jailed For Ten Years

Nguyen Ngoc Nhu Quynhhas ( Alias ' mother mushroom ' )  has been banged up in Vietnam for ten years for criticising her government.  

Quynh, the single mother of two young children, maintained her innocence throughout the trial, her lawyer said. “Nguyen Ngoc Nhu Quynh did not admit that she committed any crime, saying she has a right to freedom of expression,” Don said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/29/vietnamese-blogger-jailed-for-10-years-for-defaming-re...

4 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Mother Mushroom Jailed For Ten Years

10 years?..for expressing an opinion? I wonder what she'd have got for telling the judge to 'do one'

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

With the US shaking their fists at this situation, what's the betting that Vietnam War II is on its way to free the people from tyranny and install democracy, and will once again make the US look like idiots for doing so?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

The US is to busy trying to stitch up Syrian president Assad @twocvbloke They might add them to the list though for their never ending wars with the world.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

More going here methinks and far more than just the one article expressing an opinion. It's not that many years since we were shipping them off to Australia for doing the same thing.

As for the US, they need to mind their own business as Vietnam is the last quagmire they want to get themselves sucked into.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.