cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More proof that we are being forced & some thinks it is ok (tut tut)

TORPC
Grafter

More proof that we are being forced & some thinks it is ok (tut tut)

Do not take my word for it
& do not shoot the messenger either Wink
[quote=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622052/Pizza-Express-reveal-chicken-use-halal-dont-tell-customers-unless-ask-staff.html]Pizza Express is serving halal chicken to its unwitting customers on the quiet, with staff only telling customers about the meat if asked.
Only meat from birds that have had their throats slit while still alive, in accordance with Islamic traditions, is used in dishes.
The menu makes no mention of the issue and customers can find out only by checking the small print on the Pizza Express website – or by asking staff explicitly.
No doubt I will be classed as a RACIST / XENOPHOBIC / BORING for reporting the facts, that are under our very own noses
Or
This will be REPORTED / LOCKED DOWN for REPORTING the TRUTH
38 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: More proof that we are being forced & some thinks it is ok (tut tut)

We hear you. But please put the soapbox away for a while.and take a breather.
Fixes: 121

I don't think it was the facts as reported that has been the issue.
I think it was down to the abusive, rude and, occasionally offensive comments being banded about rather than actual 'debate'.
Personnaly I'd rather we avoid the subjects for a while.
Just my 2p Huh

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

It goes to show that we really do not know what we are eating when we are out & about, or order in
Fixes: 121

What the eyes don't see the heart don't grieve over Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Heard that many a time over the years Tongue
yet the reality is (WE SHOULD be INFORMED what WE are CONSUMING)
Not just for Religious beliefs, but ALSO for ALLERGIES / foods / ingredients that play havoc on the digestive tract etc.
I wouldn't mind betting they would have domestic animals on the menu (not named, for the consumer), if they could get away with it
Krazeh
Grafter

As long as the animals are slaughtered in a manner that meets animal welfare requirements why should I care how the chickens used by Pizza Express were killed? Should they provide details of how all the animals used in their food are slaughtered?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: OP Title:
Nobody is forcing anybody to eat in a particular restaurant.
Many are being forced (due to their financial situation) not to eat at restaurants.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

This is old news, they have been doing it for a while and it was a business decision rather than "Pandering to the minorities" as some tabloids would like us to believe.
The chickens are also stunned before being slaughtered (as they are with Subway) so their method of "dispatch" is no worse than a non-Halal slaughter house.
Having had a relative who has worked in a non-Halal slaughter house, I can assure you that if you were worried about the welfare of the animals, you'd become a vegetarian.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Would be more concerned about the slaughtering of humans as a result of all the wars in various parts of the world but many people seem to think the slaughter of animals is a more important topic to discuss.
TORPC
Grafter

Ok
Lets put it the opposite way around
The animals IE; Chickens, slit our throats whilst we are still alive, seeing your family being culled, then consume us (OK I know impossible) just bare with me on this & put yourselves in their situation
(how would you feel) ?Huh
Would you be pain free
Sad /  Upset / angry / distraught etc ?Huh
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: TORPC

No doubt I will be classed as a RACIST / XENOPHOBIC / BORING for reporting the facts, that are under our very own noses
Or
This will be REPORTED / LOCKED DOWN for REPORTING the TRUTH

Do us all a favour and go look up the definitions of 'fact' and 'truth' since you keep chucking them around, but clearly struggle with them.
I'd also suggest looking up confirmation bias and objectivity while you're there...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: TORPC
Ok
Lets put it the opposite way around
The animals IE; Chickens, slit our throats whilst we are still alive, seeing your family being culled, then consume us (OK I know impossible) just bare with me on this & put yourselves in their situation
(how would you feel) ?Huh
Would you be pain free
Sad /  Upset / angry / distraught etc ?Huh

Well, some animals do this to other animals in the wild, others appear to do it for fun (anyone got a pet cat?) and there must be few sharks that should be in jail for atrocities against humans.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

I suggest you also do some research into how animals are slaughtered in non Halal establishments.
Do you seriously think the chickens in non Halal slaughterhouses are all given their own private room so they don't see the other chickens being slaughtered ?
Do you not remember the "bootiful football" videos that were released of the very British company who breed Turkeys ?
TORPC
Grafter

No one has answered how would the feel if it were happening to them