cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Weird science..

Fixes: 125

More Weird science..

Apparently a US firm wants to start trials on real 'brain dead' people in an attempt to stimulate their brains into action.

Linky.

HOW BIOQUARK PLAN TO TRY REVERSING BRAIN DEATH 

1) Harvest stem cells from the patient's own blood, and inject his back into their body.

2) Inject peptides into the patient's spinal cord.

3) Fifteen days of laser and median nerve stimulation - while monitoring the patients using MRI scans.

It does make me wonder whether some advances in medicine have gone to far. Nobody wants to lose a loved one but is this a step too far?

Mind you, one wonders whether they have already used this technique on our politiciansCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

11 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: More Weird science..

Not tested on our politicians, they all had a brain transplant but the brain rejected them. Cool smiley

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

That's more than weird @Mav, that's scary, and so glad it's a world I am not going to inhabit..... well I hope not anyway! (Checks will for cremation instructions) 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 125

Isn't the will generally read after a burial/cremation?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Hero

Well it is for those that hope to inherit, but the instructions are made before death. How else? Wink

Anyways, all my kids of copies of my will so no excuse and not messing with my brain.... if they can find it.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Wow! To be honest, now being a dad, if I ended up brain dead is be grateful if they were able to repair the damage and bring me back. 

My little lad is very attached to me (and vice versa) and he gets worried of I'm not around. If something bad happened to me it would really upset him and so asrotten as the world is, I'd be grateful just to save him the emotional distress. 

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

I was listening to a lady on the radio talking about deferred payment agreements for people who own their own home and are moving into a care home.

The lady said the person would not be required to sell their home until after their death.

I was thinking that if the person had died then selling their home would be the least of their worries.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

Well if the person had died they would not have any worries, but hopefully any creditors would. 

Fixes: 47

What if they hadn't completed their bucket list Wink

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

Before they kicked it you mean? 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

What makes me wonder about the whole idea is the idea of "repairing the damage", as despite what people may think, it won't restore memories or behaviour of the person to it's original form, it'd be more like taking a computer whose hard disk drive had completely failed with the heads flopping and gouging out gigabytes of data in one fell swoop, yes, you an restore and repair the computer, but the data is no longer there, just as in a brain, if you replace and repair the billions of neurons and nerves that were damaged and/or lost, the person, in part or as a whole, is not there, just a blank disk ready for formatting and reinstalling...

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@twocvbloke Perhaps the next version of Windows will be WindowsR (R for resurrection).