cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More UKIP Departures

Community Veteran

More UKIP Departures

The way things are going Farage won't have any candidates left Wink He's lost another 2 this week. It seems that whenever some of them speak they end up being deselected or resign. At least we get to know the real UKIP policies Wink Wink
UKIP Candidates

19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: More UKIP Departures

While it does make an embarrassing sensationalist headline, I think it is good that the party is being seen as getting it's own house in order BEFORE those candidates who do not represent the views of the party get put forward for election by the public.
It is a pity the other parties don't do the same.
Community Veteran

Yes but it's worrying that so many seem to come out with the same line - are they just stating party policy I wonder Undecided
I've been in Florida for 5 weeks and just catching up on some news. I see whilst I have been away you've demoted Neil Hamilton. Why was that?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I wasn't aware that he had been but this may explain it http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/19/neil-hamilton-ukip-demoted-sleaze-fears
Community Veteran

Oh dear!!  Do they have a candidate that is 'clean'?
Community Veteran

I think there are two main issues -
UKIP has a new communications director (Patrick O'Flynn) who is trying to encourage candidates and party members to go out to the public and make sure the policies of the party are clearly conveyed and to dispel the myths that the media has whipped up about what they stand for.
This speech expresses what he wants to happen over the next few weeks - The Media Battle Ahead

Because of the coming European Election, there are many potential candidates now trying to encourage the public to vote for what they believe in.
Unfortunately there are a few people standing, who are possibly more aligned to the BNP, but are trying to gain seats as UKIP members, so that they can pursue their more extreme immigration agenda - rather than showing their true colours and standing for the BNP,  I think all that is happening is that some of these interlopers are being found out, and are rightly being ejected from the party.
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Oh dear!!  Do they have a candidate that is 'clean'?

Now that’s an interesting point, how would you define ‘clean’ in this context? If it is something along the lines of ‘a candidate that doesn’t voice beliefs or opinions that most right thinking people would find distasteful or offensive’ like casual racism for instance,  then I would suggest the answer is ‘no’
Notice he shied away from putting his distasteful lot to the real test of a by-election
Community Veteran

This is one of my local UKIP candidates - http://www.winkball.com/entries/6LVzwmCsGAEI/philip-pinto
His Twitter page: https://twitter.com/philip_pinto
Surely some kind of a joke...
Community Veteran

Grin  He seems a bit of a character !,  although his defense of traditional British culture seems a little odd for a foreigner to be saying.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: purleigh
While it does make an embarrassing sensationalist headline, I think it is good that the party is being seen as getting it's own house in order BEFORE those candidates who do not represent the views of the party get put forward for election by the public.
It is a pity the other parties don't do the same.

I agree with this. UKIP may be getting through their candidates but the controversial ones are at least bringing UKIP free publicity in the press AND showing that they have the balls to remove trouble makers that will cause public upset.
The way I see it, UKIP win whatever happens when they get rid of candidates.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Newsflash 23:03 3-May-2014
Tory candidate quits over homophobic and anti-Islamic tweets
At least he resigned, and didn't need to be thrown out  Undecided
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

heh there's been a bunch of people from all 3 main parties that have quietly been tossed to the curb in recent months over racist or phobic comments they have made in writing but most of them have gone by unmentioned in mass media almost as if they are being hushed up by the press whilst UKIP is being lambasted over every possible case of infraction,
I agree that at least UKIP is trashing everyone that's gone against there signup regulations (clearly they would of benefited from access to a proper deep vetting procedure) but hey ho there learning in what is a relatively new age of political ramifications through people media
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Devonian
Grafter

TBH I'd rather vote for a party that slings out a tiny minority of members who have racist views BEFORE they are elected, than vote for parties that have current members who are paedophiles, fraudsters, sexist, liars, thieves, rapists, and plainly incompetent, yet are PROTECTED by their party.
Maybe ARTMO should stay in Florida as he loves it so much over their.  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

I'd much rather live in the USA to be honest with you. My brother moved over there years ago and loves it. I got engaged over there and loved it.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Devonian
Maybe ARTMO should stay in Florida as he loves it so much over theirRoll eyes

Yes I do love it, that's why I spend around 10 weeks a year there.  I also love the UK Smiley Smiley