cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor prices

Fixes: 125

Monitor prices

Having selected the BENQ GW2765HT I've been checking over the last week or so for the best price including the use of cash back sites.
I noticed that the price varied widely from company to company and day to day. On Saturday I finally settled for Amazon at £274.97 (it had been £293.94 the day before) and with my credit Card cash back I thought it was quite a good deal. Today I see it's back up to £293.94.
Just wondered what makes monitor prices so volatile these days?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Monitor prices

and... if you bought it now...

you save £0.07

what?  can`t wait to get my order in....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

LOL Shutter, don't tell everyone but I calculated that if you buy two you you'd save 14p. Crazy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Yep Shocked

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

It all suggests that the best thing to do is exactly as the post title says and 'monitor prices' before you buy.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

darn i wanted to post that ^  Tongue
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You simply need to screen out the poorest prices.
On a more serious note is it not more about buying a suitable monitor depending on what you want it for ?
A Monitor used for photography might not be the best one if games is your priority.
Community Veteran

@ gleneagles....... yeah, but........
you still want to get the best value for money....
slightly off topic.... I needed some new shoes a while back... so went around local shops... best they could offer, was £125 for real leather shoes, with leather soles.... went on line and secured two pairs of shoes.... genuine leather... hand made... for less than half that price... ( almost.. ).. £35.00 a pair... inc p&p,  and ...yes... they are first class quality shoes... ( even got a £60 wine voucher with them... need to buy £100 of wine though ! .  )

Quote from: w23
It all suggests that the best thing to do is exactly as the post title says and 'monitor prices' before you buy.

I chose my title carefully Wink
Quote from: gleneagles
You simply need to screen out the poorest prices.

Before coming to your resolution Wink
Quote from: gleneagles
On a more serious note is it not more about buying a suitable monitor depending on what you want it for ?
A Monitor used for photography might not be the best one if games is your priority.
Not being a gamer this monitor seems ideal for video editing as well as general purpose.
I hope the new monitor will refresh my enthusiasm for video editing although price certainly hertz my pocket Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@shutter,
You are a brave man buying shoes over the Internet, I  take size 8 to 8.5 but trying shoes on in a shop is bad enough, some fit perfectly whilst others seem to narrow  or tight in various spots.
Rather go for a well known make  which I have used before.
Community Veteran

BenQ are still around? When working at the computer shop I always saw that they were not as good as some of the other monitors we had on display, even some of the cheaper ones seemed to look better on the monitor display shelves.... Huh
But then again that was about 6 years back, they may have improved since then, or may not, doesn't really matter to me, I use my Samsung T27B550 Smart TV as a monitor... Grin
Community Veteran

@ gleneagles..... have sent you a P.M....  Wink

The Benq arrived Friday but when I attempted to connect it Yesterday I realised I didn't have a Dual DVI-D Cable. I found one on Amazon with next day delivery and still much cheaper than I could get locally (£20). It arrived as expected early this morning.
Had to swap the older 24" from DVI to HDMI and connected the Benq and everything worked without issue. Not got the colours on both to completely match yet but that's for another day.
Extremely pleased with it so far. The extra desktop space is very welcome and the quality of the display is excellent. I though that it would be a little difficult to make adjustments with the buttons hidden round the back but, in fact, it's very easy to do and keeps the front very neat.

thejudge
Grafter