cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Down the Drain

Community Veteran

Money Down the Drain

In a dash to give money away and meet its promise to give 0.7% of our income to foreign aid the government gives aid to some of the most corrupt regimes in the world.
Foreign Aid
I am totally against this policy and can suggest much better uses of the money in our own country.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Money Down the Drain

If it was all about feeding the needy/starving government money would be going direct to frontline charities for them to administer.
A lot of what the government does now is more like buying favours using the name of "charity".
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I'm also set against this stupidity too.
We have our own people out on the streets and all the UK government seems to want to do is get in bed with corrupt regimes and those who abuse human rights.
Why?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: 7up
all the UK government seems to want to do is get in bed with corrupt regimes

Well, it's perfectly normal for one corrupt regime to get involved with other corrupt regimes... Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Wonder how our Government can sleep at night throwing tax payers money away while our families and children are in poverty over here. In any case the UK gets back more than it pays out does it not ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: M
Wonder how our Government can sleep at night throwing tax payers money away while our families and children are in poverty over here.

Probably quite well when they read their bank statements before bed knowing how well they've screwed the nation over to fill their pockets... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The most effective foreign aid would be birth control pills. Overpopulation is the real problem, spending money easing the lives of those in need is just a short term approach.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.