cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moles

Razer
Grafter

Moles

Of the various moles I have about my back and upper arms and of varying sizes, one lower down my back has been giving me a bit of trouble. Several days ago I noticed it felt tender, and when I inspected it closely I noted it had been bleeding. I think I must have caught it in my sleep, likely scratching it. Several days later and it was still sore, so I decided that I was going to cut it off. I've done that with others before, but this was a larger one and I knew it would hurt more and certainly bleed more. Well, I finally got round to cutting it off last night - nail clippers - snip, gone. Of course it did bleed like a bitch, so I put a plaster on overnight so I didn't stain my white sheet. It was still bleeding this morning because of the plaster, but has dried now that I've removed the plaster.
I was wondering, then: Have any of you dealt with moles similarly? I have a much larger one I'd love to get rid of, but I think (even if I could reach it), that would cause far too much bleeding. Have any of you tried this thing of tying a piece of string/thread tightly around it until it falls off? How long does it take? Isn't that more painful?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Moles

Yep I have lol. Had something that kept coming up on a finger or two that I was rather annoyed with so like you decided to get choppin with the scissors. Damn things came back a few times before eventually getting the message and giving up.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
kdoug007
Grafter

how  can i  say this.. and im not  here  to worry you...
  but  would a  Doctor  appointment  have  been better..  if  it  did  concern  you  a  lot
rather  than DIY 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

No not really. Why?
Because the GPs I've had over the years have never really managed to solve much and when they finally got to the bottom of my problems it was what I had told them all along and they'd ignored.
Then we have the surgeons who almost killed me requiring me to have a second operation to save my life. Needless to say my faith in most of the medical profession is at rock bottom.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Razer
Grafter

I already know what my doctor would say anyway - "That's nothing to worry about, we'll leave it and just keep an eye on it." As he does with everything.
I'm not bothered by my moles anyway, in what they may or may not turn into. I'm only bothered when they get in the way, or I catch them. Then I snip them off. And actually, that is so often what a practice nurse would simply do. Even the NHS website says this. I am, incidentally talking about the kind of 'moles' that are the same colour as the rest of your skin, not the darker type, which I wouldn't touch. I am bothered by one, however, but again that is not because I think it may be malignant. It's just the size of it, and besides, it's in the way of where I want a tattoo. lol