Grafter

Mods Please explain

why my posts were removed from the Sandwich Factory post
17 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: Mods Please explain

I am not a mod but looking at the thread they've removed all the posts from a certain time onwards rather than pick through and remove individual posts which is more time consuming.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 104

that's exactly it
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

No complaints from me even though mine went too. I'm glad with the outcome of that thread. One member in particular was trying their best to create bad feelings and insult those who are in a pickle at the bottom of the ladder.
So thank you mods and a job well done  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
PembsPanther
Grafter

Really? I did not pick up on that, must have gone right over my head. I would never question a moderators decision, not my place but I did not get that feeling from the responses 7up  Undecided
dick:quote
itsme
Grafter

Sorry @7up but you are equally to blame, in fact you started the attack.
What you said about the current younger workforce paying for mistakes of previous generations and paying more in to get less out has a lot of truth but don't blame individuals. Conversely the ones on this forum who are drawing pensions should do a little research in what pensions will be like in 20/30 years time.
I was not very happy when it was announced last year about the introduction of a flat rate state pension of £180. When this came in I would have been working 44 years paying in Graduation Pension, SERP1 and SERP2 and my state pension being capped at £180 without taking these payment into account. A little research show that this is not the case for me. But for the younger generation starting work after the flat rate pension is introduced they will effectively pay SERP2 without getting any benefit. And by the time I qualify for a state pension I would have been working for 50 years, so again not happy that I have to work longer.
Community Veteran

Quote from: PembsPanther
Quote from: 7up
No complaints from me even though mine went too. I'm glad with the outcome of that thread. One member in particular was trying their best to create bad feelings and insult those who are in a pickle at the bottom of the ladder.

Really? I did not pick up on that, must have gone right over my head. I would never question a moderators decision, not my place but I did not get that feeling from the responses 7up  Undecided

I have not questioned any moderator about anything. All I have done is express that I am glad they did what they did as one member was stirring it (saying those at the bottom should work harder etc - How did the dead horse become dead to be flogged i wonder?). If you did not pick up on that then I'm not sure why you are commenting?  Huh I did not insult a mod, slate a mod, try to pick a fight with a mod... The member in question is also not a mod so why do you think I was questioning the mods? I've supported their actions...
Community Veteran

Quote from: itsme
Sorry @7up but you are equally to blame, in fact you started the attack.
What you said about the current younger workforce paying for mistakes of previous generations and paying more in to get less out has a lot of truth but don't blame individuals. Conversely the ones on this forum who are drawing pensions should do a little research in what pensions will be like in 20/30 years time.

Erm no, I was accused of
constantly bitching  and blaming everybody for your situation

That was an attack.
I then responded with a retaliation. Until that point, it was diplomatic. Yes I did say point out that you_know_who had dodged my question but this was a fact being pointed out - not an attack. I also did not place blame on the individual but i did make it clear that they had contributed towards the mistakes of the previous generations.
I'm going to leave it there.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133819.0.html
If this topic and the one referred to above is what happens when it is resuscitated perhaps it's best if it dies!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Agreed......
And should be locked.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Really? I did not pick up on that, must have gone right over my head. I would never question a moderators decision, not my place but I did not get that feeling from the responses 7up  Undecided

I have not questioned any moderator about anything. All I have done is express that I am glad they did what they did as one member was stirring it (saying those at the bottom should work harder etc - How did the dead horse become dead to be flogged i wonder?). If you did not pick up on that then I'm not sure why you are commenting?  Huh I did not insult a mod, slate a mod, try to pick a fight with a mod... The member in question is also not a mod so why do you think I was questioning the mods? I've supported their actions...

Apologies if my post came across as though I was saying you had questioned a mod it was not my intention at all.
Fixes: 124

Apologies if my post came across as though I was saying you had questioned a mod it was not my intention at all.

There lies part of the problem in assumptions being made about the meaning of a post. I didn't see your comment in the same way as 7up did.
A lot of posts are made in quick succession (which is fine for the joky, pun type threads) but in these more serious threads sometimes a step back needs to be taken.
There was something mentioned in the now locked thread which I wasn't happy about and was trying to find the best way to put my point of view across. In these instances I usually write my reply, leave in preview and then go back a little later and reread the original post I wanted to reply to as well as my reply to try and ensure I haven't got the wrong end of the stick and that I wasn't giving a knee-jerk reply.
Just my thoughts on the subject Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@mav +1
I was so incensed I nearly said something!
I'm not up to this shooting from the hip  Embarrassed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

So thank you mods and a job well done  Wink

Really? I did not pick up on that, must have gone right over my head. I would never question a moderators decision, not my place but I did not get that feeling from the responses 7up  Undecided

I have not questioned any moderator about anything. All I have done is express that I am glad they did what they did as one member was stirring it (saying those at the bottom should work harder etc - How did the dead horse become dead to be flogged i wonder?). If you did not pick up on that then I'm not sure why you are commenting?  Huh I did not insult a mod, slate a mod, try to pick a fight with a mod... The member in question is also not a mod so why do you think I was questioning the mods? I've supported their actions...

No apology needed. At the time i replied to you, I'd also read itsmes reply and with yours seeming to have two completely different meanings, i took it as a negative criticism against me.
Re-reading it again now, it actually looks as though you're suggesting the mods didn't handle it well - hence you quoting me for saying i thought they done a good job.
At the time because you'd quoted me and then at the end mentioned "the responses 7up" it looked to me like you were picking at my posts. I see now that I may (I say may until you confirm or explain further) have been wrong and taken your post as a mild attack when it was not.
You'd never know I've had a barrage of negativity thrown at me my entire life from those closes to me would you  Roll eyes
I still stand by what I said in that thread though, there was no need for some of the remarks that member made and given his previous behaviour towards many members, I'm surprised he has never had a permanent ban.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

My apologies to anyone who has been upset at one or more of the responses to my original post that has now been locked.
It seems sad that we are unable to discuss serious subjects without someone making comments that upset others.
Whilst I will continue to participate in the forum it will be my intention never to post on any serious subject again.