cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderation

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Moderation

For me, a Bright Spark is a paying customer and as such I pay an equal amount of attention to them as I would with any other customer.
There's no way I would give them any special attention.
I would expect this to also be the attitude of the rest of the team.
Highlighted
Grafter

In the last few serious debates iv taken part in forum bright sparks, 3 in number have requested closures of threads , movement of threads and personal accusations comments made by them. I don't think you or any other member has the right to post move delete close a thread or try and influence the out come of the thread. Moderators are clearly acting on your requests and its just not on . This thread clearly showed that they are acting on your requests, no matter what excuses are made. If they are not then why are they not telling YOU GUYS that they make the moderating decisions around here.
If you choose to change broadband suppliers because of the way that customers run forums where PlusNet staff offer help/support/discussion, thats your decision. I'm not entirely clear where you see the link between your service and my actions, but apparently there is one.
~~

You dont see a link  Shocked
For a start these forums are about plusnet, on plusnet servers , set up by plusnet and is the official plusnet forum sanctioned and used by plusnet. If you feel your actions are not linked in anyway to plusnet, then its worse than i thought.
Basically no one is accountable here and its a boys club mentality.
Highlighted
Grafter

I added an edit to my last post Replying to
If you parked up on a street, and somebody passing warned to you that parking wasn't allowed there, and subsequently you got a parking ticket for parking there - would you be angry with the person that warned you, or would you take it on the chin, and accept that you parked in the wrong place?

how can you use that as an analogy ? For a start they are not asking me or warning me of rule breaking, they are telling you to do things on behalf of their opinions.
To be honest i know that members opinions count for nothing and all the words said here will mean nothing, because this forum is run on a who you know bases.
Highlighted
Grafter

I have my own forum i run and i am very busy running a football team and running a few web sites for them .
Thanks for the offer but i do decline it, id like to think things can be sorted and discussed and changed, with out the need to have a title behind me.
Highlighted
Grafter

Please in future if a topic is to be closed then the moderator does not add further comments to the debate before closing. rogerloxton has been guilty of this in the past over on the PN forums. I made comments then which had the effect that his and my postings were removed by him from that thread.
Also if a member can suggest that a thread to be moved, can this be moved to Community Support as the level of moderation should be discussed by a wider audience.
Highlighted
Grafter

The forum is run according to the rules
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=218.0
Naturally, some topics will cross boundaries, and it is not always clear cut when something is acceptable or not. As far as I can see the moderators in general tend to err on the side of forgiveness. Bright sparks are given that status because they are active members who spend a lot of time helping others. They are usually experienced computer users who usually know what they are talking about. They don't get any preferential treatment and there no conspiracies.
We are all human, and we all make decisions that some people will disagree with. If you have a specific problem with something a moderator has done then you should contact another moderator who will investigate it.
Highlighted
Grafter

We are all human, and we all make decisions that some people will disagree with. If you have a specific problem with something a moderator has done then you should contact another moderator who will investigate it.

Been there done that got the Tshirt
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I was not going to post any further in this thread until I realised that the closed thread now featured a new post: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=586.105
Although I agree and pleased to see James_H's comment I do feel it is inappropriate for them to be made within a closed thread where the rest of the user base have been denied access.
Highlighted

IMHO
The forum Bright sparks USED to be about the people who inputted/helped others the most, it seems now its more to do with who toes the line, and in another post here "rats people out"
Being a member on gawd knows how many forums, this is the ONLY place I know that has such a thing, and as such is bound to be a bit antagonistic, if you want someone promoted/brought out, then make them a mod.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Further to my above reply I see that from a further two additional posts in a closed thread that the English explanation as now been added to the Polish Forum.
Not sure why it took so long to action a simple request but very pleased that it as been done and for James_H for pursuing this request.
Highlighted
Grafter

Why has Dusty been banned, what forum rules did he break?
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
Why has Dusty been banned, what forum rules did he break?

Have a read >>here<< makes interesting reading as well as entertainment. Smiley
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

I wouldn't call it entertaining - depressing would be more like it! Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Highlighted
Rising Star

Personally I think both the participants, over on AG/TB,  should have been sent to the naughty step  Wink
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

I did post in the Talk to the Staff forum on there along those lines.
Edit: The problem with the TBB forums is that they are not properly moderated - I haven't seen a sign of a moderator on there all day!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)