cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model to be sold on the Dark Web (Allegedly)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Model to be sold on the Dark Web (Allegedly)

This is the story, call me cynical but I can't help think this is all wrong and not for the reason you might think. To me this smacks of a self promotion stunt. To be fair, I'd rather it was that than her to have actually have been kidnapped.

44 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Model to be sold on the Dark Web (Allegedly)

Now if I were to suggest you were talking out of a certain part of your body about this story you'd be offended. As it happens I'm not like that so I won't.

I doubt someone would go that far, the police are very good at unraveling false stories these days so there is no point trying to out smart them.

I will admit that I did briefly wonder the same thing though. It is a twisted world we live in.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

7up wrote:
I doubt someone would go that far, the police are very good at unraveling false stories these days so there is no point trying to out smart them.

if you doubt someone would go to crazy lengths to further their own career or to gain an advantage then you need to enter the real world. there are plenty of cases of just such a thing.

just look at the lengths some people go to to try and get out of paying a parking ticket.

and if you are suggesting that no-one ever would then i would openly state that you were talking out of a certain part of your body, more specifically your ass.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If it were true, then that is terrible.

If not, the dog ate my homework.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Where's this DarkWeb thingy? I want to sell my Airfix models too.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Fixes: 125

I thought it mean surfing with the lights outCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Oh dear, I hope I don't get told off for this.

Friend of mine years ago, sent me an eBay link to a car he was selling. So on his username I looked his purchases. I can't remember the exact wording but something like "Watersports DVD, but a different kind".

I remember taking the mickey out of him about that, but there is a second meaning to it which I better not go into here.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

7up wrote:
Now if I were to suggest you were talking out of a certain part of your body about this story you'd be offended. As it happens I'm not like that so I won't. (A)

I doubt someone would go that far, the police are very good at unraveling false stories these days so there is no point trying to out smart them. (B)

I will admit that I did briefly wonder the same thing though. It is a twisted world we live in. (C)

A = Wink

B = Well you'd be surprised, it doesn't matter how good the Police are, it won't stop some from trying!

C = It's a very twisted world @7up so I'll refer you back to B.

Community Veteran

I'm sure companies do it too - false publicity to get noticed for free. Saves the cost of advertising.

Not implying the girl is lying, but I remember the time Pizza Hut announced they were changing their name to Pasta Hut, and then didn't. Not much else in the news at the time, but the papers went mad at it. Clever.

Fixes: 47

Sometimes publicity is not good.

Any one remember Gerald Ratner

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

@Strat, the link doesn't work I guess it has been manipulated by the swear filter.
I think I know what you mean, he killed his own business off by his comments.

At least he was honest though Smiley

Community Veteran

Alex wrote:

I'm sure companies do it too - false publicity to get noticed for free. Saves the cost of advertising.

One technique companies use these days is surveys on their website. The then do their analysis (usually coming up with answers to questions that were never asked) and then release the results of their "research" for the media.

One company i worked for did this - 3 month survey on their website - and then released the results to the national rags. They worked out that it got them £1/2 million of free advertising.

Community Veteran

Chenkster me old pal. How on earth are you? My comments are in blue.

chenks76 wrote:

7up wrote:

if you doubt someone would go to crazy lengths to further their own career or to gain an advantage then you need to enter the real world. there are plenty of cases of just such a thing. I know people go to crazy lengths but i don't think someone would do this and take the risk of being charged with wasting police time etc.Those cases you speak of would no doubt be the ones that were unraveled correct? - Otherwise please specify examples.

just look at the lengths some people go to to try and get out of paying a parking ticket. To be fair many of those tickets shouldn't be issued anyway. Again though, can you specify any or are you just spouting off something that sounds supportive of your claim?

and if you are suggesting that no-one ever would then i would openly state that you were talking out of a certain part of your body, more specifically your ass. Blah blah blah

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Mav wrote:

I thought it mean surfing with the lights outCheesy

I'm sure that in my younger days I'd have found some more interesting or energetic than just surfing.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.