cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile phone videos at concerts.

Community Veteran

Mobile phone videos at concerts.

I went to see Greenday last night in Belfast. I have seen them before and they are a fantastic live band.
I cannot understand why when looking around the crowd I could see hundreds of people videoing the concert with mobile phones. Why would you pay £41.50 to stand and make a poor quality video to put on Youtube instead of just enjoying the thing?Huh
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Mobile phone videos at concerts.

Seems odd and I wonder if it's  legal Wink
Community Veteran

I would imagine that it is completely illegal but how exactly can it be stopped?
Cannot expect to confiscate thousands of mobile phones on the way into a concert and cannot move around the crowd and arrest the hundreds of people recording!
Community Veteran

No it's not very practical is it?  Before the start of a movie the audience is warned about taking copies from the screen and to report anyone seen doing it.  It's a little more difficult if the whole audience is doing it Roll eyes  Do they make any announcement before the show begins?
thejudge
Grafter

I went to Kraftwerk's gig at the Manchester Velodrome back in July (fantastic night, by the way!).
It clearly said on the ticket that photography was forbidden. That didn't stop the place looking like an arc-welders' convention all evening! Some pretty good vids on YouTube as a result, though.
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Do they make any announcement before the show begins?

Don't know, I was in the bar up until Greenday came on. I had a seating ticket (although noone was siting) so I didn't need to rush in.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I went to see meatloaf in 2007 and he stopped any recordings with video cameras and also the press was not aloud in either,and he made a point to declare it on his website aswell,the press said he was getting fatter and people were putting up clips on you tube,he was not a very happy chappy
mentalist3d
Grafter

A mate went to see AC/DC at one of the last gigs in Glasgow, filmed a fair bit on his mobile (so missed some of the concert) and the quality in sound and visuals is terrible. I don't see the worth in it personally, I'd rather just watch and listen, and remember the concert in my memories rather than a dodgy, tinny playback showing me what I missed because I was to busy trying to get it on my mobile.
@steve74: so was he getting fatter?