Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phone missing accessories

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Mobile Phone missing accessories

I have recently "downgraded" some of my mobiles to "Talk & Text only" phones, where I don't need Smartphone capabilities, and with a quoted Standby of 35 days, or Talk time of 5 hours+
Practically though, I am achieving a standby time of around 7 days, with some texting, but much better than less than 24 hours with Smartphones.
However, in all cases, there were missing accessories, which should have been included, as per the respective websites !
Basically, earphones with a connector size I don't possess, & USB  charging cables with the smallest connector I have ever seen, at the phone end. (Not micro USB)
Tesco Direct, an immediate refund of 25% of the purchase price.
Virgin Mobile, a long battle via emails, with many requests by them to provide all my security details by email !!
Eventually, they rang me, and after a discussion, the CS guy at Virgin credited me with airtime to the value of 50% of each phone.
Back to Tesco Direct, the phones I had bought had gone up in price, to double what I paid !!
As Tesco do sometimes...
However, they have a little known policy of matching their own prices for any item bought within the last 28 days.
So, original price, less 25%......  for basically a spare charger, battery, and of course phone !
Result.

I note from the web, that many phones these days do seem to come without a full range of accessories...
I think this is something to do with yet another EU directive, to stop many "unnecessary" duplicated chargers being sold.
Basically, I think it was just sloppy website posting, Tesco Direct & Virgin have since amended the website details.
As always, I screen grab all pages of any purchases made over the Internet, useful in both these cases.