cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Banking

Fixes: 47

Mobile Banking

I've happily done my online banking with LloydsTSB using my PC for quite some time now with no problems.
I have now received an email from them advising me they have on offer an app for my Android phone enabling me to continue my online banking into the street and beyond.
For some reason this fills me with dread, not simply because my phone could be lost or stolen but also because I consider it much less secure.
Does anyone here do mobile banking and what are their experiences.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Mobile Banking

@Strat, I'm with you on this one.  I use LloydsTSB for online banking but wouldn't fancy extending it to my mobile Sad
Fixes: 105

I too am with the Lloyds-tsb and have downloaded and installed the app. It's ok but I don't think I'll use it regularly.
As long as you don't tick the remember me box it should be as secure as using your PC.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I have done a fair bit of mobile banking in the past, Usually clear my cache and cookies once I am done, Nothing dodgy happened to me so far ( Touch wood ) Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Slightly different but the same thing if you see what I mean. A while ago my phone service provider "gave" me a laptop dongle so I could access the internet on the move via their service. Telling me it was useful to be able to do mobile online banking if I wished. I've never used it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.